Chapter 45: The Meeting

The scene opens with the sound of a man blowing out smoke from a cigar, within the shadows eyes could be seen staring down the group, glints from the pure metal of the tommy guns were seen as the lamp light was reflected off them. There was tension in the air..some were nervous but Zeldris had a steady head. Phoebe looked forward, Avada looked around before looking at Cosmo turn into his cat form and hide, Tabitha cut her purple eyes at the head chair.

???: "Do you know who I am? You mess up my business, enter my country and then you waltz up in here without a care in the world. Are ya trying to push up daises or what?"

Zeldris: "Maybe if you actually faced us, we might get a clue at who you could be."

Sweat-drops streamed down the side of Tabitha, Cosmo and Avada's face as they heard Zeldris reply so flippantly..did he have a death wish? The man in the chair turned around to reveal himself, he wore a jet black suit with s white shirt, his hair was slicked back and he had stubble around his face, he was actually quite handsome, he had black eyes and glasses.

???: "Now kid, usually because of your poor manners I would've had a bullet put in your skull by now, that or you'd be tied down to a cement block and left to sleep with the fishes. But instead, you're going to fix the shit you caused."

Zeldris: "What the hell are you talking about?"

A light voice was heard from the side of the man, the sound of heels clacking against the floor were heard as she had stepped out from the shadows. A blonde woman was revealed, she had on red glasses and a long black dress with a thigh slit, she had on a large furry white jacket also.

???: "Your recent scandal on beating one of our business partners Venator caused us a great loss in weapon deals, causing the Cordriano family to get the edge on us and start their revolt." She informed throwing a newspaper on the table.

Tabitha gasped before saying.

Tabitha: "Look, we're all in the paper..they're also calling Zeldris a Messiah."

Phoebe: "No way...that means we're going to be famous."

Avada: "This maybe good for us actually, this may aid us in getting us closer to our goals."

Zeldris: "No, this is bad. If we keep getting popular, that means we're just bigger t-"

BANG, a loud gunshot was heard from within the room. A bullet hole was seen in the corner of the table, Zeldris looked to the right, Phoebe and Tabitha were shaking slightly out of fear. A tall man stepped out from within the shadows, he had a long black leather tailcoat, a blue fedora and a suit jacket with a navy blue tie, he also had blue hair.

???: "I don't think I remember boss givin' permission for y'all to speak. It's rude to speak out of turn if ya ask me."

The man had a western accent, he moved the cartridge of his rifle at a rapid rate, the bullet the was used flicked into the air and landed onto the ground. The boss looked at the man before saying.

???: "That's enough Caleb, I decide if they live or die."

Caleb had a cocky smirk before leaning on the bar with both his arms as he sat on the stool.

???: "Now, as I was saying. You're not in your own world anymore kid, you're talking to the man that runs the underground. Trades, drugs, money..they all belong to me. You fucking up my weapons trade was a heavy blow to my business."

Zeldris: "Okay and? The bastard you were trading with was going to destroy all of New York, that and he was conducting horrible experiments. I could care less about your business."

The boss cut his eyes before saying lowly.

???: "What's your name?"

Zeldris: "Zeldris."