Chapter 57: Atonement

The scene opens with Zeldris looking at his companions, they all were surprised by what Zeldris had said earlier. Zeldris tucked his hands in his jacket pockets before having a slight huff.

Tabitha: "I-I just didn't expect that from you Zeldris."

Cosmo: "Neither did I!"

Ada giggled.

Ada: "My how adorable..but that caught me off guard."

Phoebe: "Does that mean you love us?!"

Zeldris rolled his eyes, he untucked his hands before saying.

Zeldris: "I just don't want any of you to die, this is serious. This isn't some crappy school fight, we're fighting dangerous organisations so our lives are at risk. I need you all to focus and stay alive, losing you guys would discourage me a lot. I know we're here to save Jack, but we can't save him if we all wind up dead. So let's work hard and take down this shitty cult."

All 4: "Yeah!!!"

Zeldris looked over at Ada before saying.

Zeldris: "Ada, I want a quick word with you. Come with me."

Phoebe: "Eh?! But I want to be alone with Zelly!"

Ada gasped but she nodded and walked over to Zeldris, Zeldris snapped his fingers raising a dome of pure white around them. He tucked his hands in his pockets before staring into her red eyes.

Zeldris: "Ada, I know you've been hurting inside, ever since we landed in France...tell me what's making you so on edge."

Ada froze for a moment before having a light giggle, she pressed her hand on her chest where her heart is before saying lowly.

Ada: "France...a place where the fanciest artists are created. They say if you cannot make art, do you even have blood rushing through your veins?"

Zeldris: "What does that even mean?"

Ada: "Well, Zeldris dear I.. cannot draw.. I have no art skills, no talent. I was bullied for so many years by my peers because all my art was pathetic. Music in France is not liked..it is not welcome due to its urban nature. When I was born, all I did was try to make music out of pots and pans and my parents had cursed me from that point on, school was..the worse for me. I was a target of harassment..everyone bullied me, took everything but my life..so I decided to migrate to England..where I could hone my skills and forget about my trauma..but evidently no matter how fast you run, you can't outrun the pain that may follow you. Zeldris dear, I know I asked to join in..making your dream come true..but I wish you had said no, all I'll do is hold you back because I'm an incompetent musician that will only bring you discord...forgive me for being so..weak minded but the trauma is too much.."

Zeldris: 'Has Ada been holding that all in?..then again, there's not much I know about Ada..I just thought she was a sadistic chick that had dommy issues..but it must've been a facade to think she could be over people. Ada..it must've been so painful..but hearing you talk about yourself like that..I don't know why..but it makes me pissed.'

Zeldris thought as he clenched his fists, a vein popped out in his fist before he raised his hands to grab the straps of Ada's crop top before saying.

Zeldris: "That's enough! I don't want to ever hear that shit ever again Ada!! Listen I'm the last guy to give motivating speeches but I am not the type of guy to let bullshit run through my ears. If you ever lie to me like that again, I'll kick your ass and make sure you know how good your art is. Unlike those preppy fancy suit bastards that stare at art all day and pay millions just to take the art home like a angsty teen paying for pics online! Your art can bring people together, I've seen people fight at their best because of your art. Don't ever think your art is meaningless or tasteless. You have a talent that cannot be matched! Next time I hear any type of shit like that, I'll punch it right out of you, do you hear me Avada?!"

Ada looked up having a slight tint of red in her cheeks, she fell silent before nodding lightly.

Zeldris: "I said do you hear me?!"

Ada had a slight tear in her eye before looking up saying.

Ada: "Loud and clear, Zeldris dear!!"

Zeldris let go of her straps before saying.

Zeldris: "Good, because I have a favour to ask before I undo the spell."

Ada tilted her head curious to what he was going to ask.

The scene changed at the group were standing outside of the castle. Zeldris looked up at the crow before raising his middle finger up to it.

Tabitha: "T-That was uncalled for..Z-Zeldris."

Cosmo: "Yummy birds!!"

Zeldris: "Crows are smart creatures Cosmo, I wouldn't want to try and make a snack out of them. I did that to spread a message. Now, all of you listen up. We all have one life, so let's not lose it here. I'm putting my faith in all of you, just focus on getting Jack out!"

Tabitha: "Y-Yeah!"

Cosmo: "You can count on me Master!!"

Phoebe: "Me too! I can't die until Zelly is mine!"

Ada strummed her electric guitar before her plump lips parted to say enthusiastically.

Ada: "Lets rock down this castle!"

The five of them stepped forward, Zeldris clenched his fist and it was engulfed in a white aura. He then propelled his fist forward and destroyed the oak doors. As the boys of oak and splinter sprinkled onto the ground, the five walked in. The smell of rancid meat and death flooded their nostrils, Zeldris stared forward before saying.

Zeldris: "This smell..we've entered the bastards nest."

The halls echoed with a eery laugh. The man stepped out of the shadows, half eaten bodies were littered around them.

Fear: "Wohohohoho..fortune smiled upon me..I have been greeted by such delicacy's."

Zeldris: "All of you, leave him to me. Just focus on advancing."

All 4: "Right."

The four made a break for the stairwell to the next floor. Fear laughed before saying in his hair raising voice.

Fear: "Do you really believe..I'd let my meals run away?"

Zeldris cut his eyes before saying sharply.

Zeldris: "No. However your fight is with me freak!"

Zeldris raised his hand in the air before shouting.

Zeldris: "Curse of the moon: White wall!!"

A white wall was suddenly erected around fear and Zeldris, Fear grinned his skinless teeth before saying.

Fear: "To try and face your fears..makes my hunger even more insatiable..I'll take pleasure in eating you right down to the bone. That is the oath I had just made..the future I had just written for you..wohohoho."

Zeldris shook his head before saying.

Zeldris: "Wow, you really are one sick freak."

Fear: "Wohoho..I hunger..for more, boy."

Chapter end!