𝓖𝓮𝓽 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓶

𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 34

The moment Evelyn arrived upstairs. Her eyes deepen in front of her. She wasn't dumb and she saw clearly what happened. The exact moment Greta and Malcolm ran into Brahms's room. She didn't move for a moment, the game just started and yet she might have chosen the most obvious characters to play with.

Taking out a breath of dissatisfaction. She decides to play with them emotionally first. She goes to each room door, kicking it purposely loud as she hums along to the music being played at the back. Doing everything purposely loud and rumbas to scare Malcolm and Greta more as she gets closer to them.

And when the rigorous moment she stops before the room they hid. There was a hesitation in her finger that lingers inches away from the doorknob. Two annoying voices echo in her mind. But she didn't need to take any action when Brahms's scream, yell and rage filled behind her. She glances over her shoulder, by the voice itself, she knew Brahms wasn't able to get out of whatever trapping him. And it was clear he was disappointed in himself too.

Evelyn took one look at Brahms's bedroom before moving to Greta's.

"What is all this ruckus-" Evelyn spoke as she opened the door to the nanny's room. Her sentence froze at the scene before her. Ignoring the disheveled and messy room, she can see Brahms's arms stuck in a painful direction. It was even tied to the bed from the closet. "Really." The word comes out unintentionally.

At the sound of her voice, Brahms imminently stops his uncomfortableness at the situation. Moved his arm, the best he could to take a peak from the hole at Evelyn. He can see her hands on her hips as she scans the scene carefully. He let out a soft whimper, almost sounding like he could cry in embarrassment at being caught.

"What a great start to the game," Evelyn replies sarcastically as she reaches over to the belt. Finger gazing at the item carefully to somehow untie Brahms without harming him more. She reached to the closet side table of the table and was lucky to find a pair of scissors. "Bare yourself," and with that warning itself, she snaps the belt in two. This caused Brahms to fumble back in his steps for a second causing a huge crash due to his weight from the closet.

Evelyn hum in approval at the scissor, it was unexpectedly really sharp. The sound of the wooden closet door sliding open caught her attention. And it came Brahms, one wrap rubbing against his sore arm that has been trapped as he tries to avoid her eyes.

"If you are done playing games. Let's be more serious now," Evelyn mutters, her voice no longer those excitements she had at the start of her day. She doesn't mean to hurt Brahms anyway, contrary to the way she acts. She sees Brahms as someone important to her, not that she would say. "I know where they're hiding." Evelyn was just a little skeptical if she chose the wrong person to play with.

Malcolm and Greta are starting to tick her off with how many times they got away from their grasp.

"Evie... Brahms's sorry." She turned over her shoulder as one hand held onto the door of Greta's bedroom. She was about to leave, wanting to ignore what had just happened to Brahms. But here he was, hating it more when she acted like that.

"If you're that sorry. Figure a way to get to them. Because..." she states as she opens the door. With one arm raised to point at the room across them. It was his childhood bedroom. "I'm not entering that room." Brahms walked up to her, standing beside her as he too stared at the locked room. It's obvious that the two would have prevented something to stop them from entering it.

But even if something were to block them out, Brahms could easily smash it open with his size. However, Evelyn has also had this disgusting look towards his bedroom even when they were kids. If she needed to, she would stand by the hallway, not even taking a step in. Brahms never questioned it but if he were to guess, it must be something to do with Mrs Heelshire and Mrs Houston. The two elder women had always forbidden her since the beginning.

Surprisingly enough Evelyn listened to them, and she and Brahms would spend the majority of their time in the tree house instead. Evelyn liked it too, she could get an easy view, or target the people from below.

Just when Brahms took a step up. The muffled screams of Greta from the walls inside the room caught their attention and then followed by Malcolm's mutters of concern too. Evelyn let out an amused scoff as she shook her head. "For someone smart enough to outrun you. They sure can be stupid." Evelyn chuckles, leaning her elbow on Brahms's shoulder, taunting him.

"Get them..."

♡ ⚀ ♧ ⚁ ♢ ⚂ ♤ ⚃ ♡ ⚄ ♧ ⚅ ♢

Black, nothing. Greta and Malcolm couldn't even figure anything in this darkness. Wondering how even Brahms got around the manor. Greta reaches out, her hands stretched out in front of her. Groping in the darkness, she feels her way along the walls as she leads them. She stops her step silently on the padding beneath her feet, "Malcolm?"

"Still here..." placing his hand on her shoulder to reassure her that he was still following her.

Then as if a miracle. Greta's eyes begin to adjust and can make out some of the details of the surroundings. The walls are covered in drawings. Faces. Words. The sketches of a madman. But one thing for sure about this painting is that is about Evelyn Houston. Each portrait of a beautiful woman had her name written below. Maybe even one or two drawings had Brahms and Evelyn together doing sensual things.

Ignoring the painting as it would make anyone uncomfortable. Greta notices trinkets hanging about. Necklaces, ties, bits of clothing, and decorations. Things Brahms has stolen over the years—Greta comes to a pin-prick of light and puts her eye up to it.

From her point of view, she found a hole in her own bedroom. Looking into her room at the bed and closet. The closet door is now wide open. Half of the belt is still tied to the bed but Brahms is nowhere to be seen.

Greta however could see Evelyn standing near the doorway, pointing outside of it to someone. That's when Brahms's figure walks right past her view causing Greta to ducks down. Stifles a scream.

"What? What is it?"