𝓘 𝓚𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓨𝓸𝓾...

𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽. 2

When they entered the living room, Mr. Heelshire was squatting on one knee and talking to a person that was hidden, causing Evelyn to scowl for not seeing what was hidden but continuing to be quiet so that she could attempt to overhear.

Mr. Heelshire stood up in response to Mrs. Heelshire's cough, giving Evelyn a look of desperation before disappearing from view so Evelyn could see something very out of the ordinary even for her.

A mini Brahms.

Literally. A life-size and somewhat doll features a perfect porcelain face. Evelyn knew this was a splitting image of their son, Brahms, with perfect delicate hands and wearing a suit like you might see British children wear in the 1950s. It, or he, stands facing Evelyn.

"Let me present you to our son and your long time buddy Brahms, Evelyn." A beat passed by, a very quiet rhythm. Evelyn opens her lips, then shuts them for a long, agonizing, silent second as she struggles to find the right words to describe this predicament. She finally succeeds in producing a sound other than her desired chuckle. Rather, take a long, deep breath.

Evelyn had a quick look between the old couple. There was this warning sharpness in the man while the feared in his spouse. That's when she remembered so badly how much the Heelshire never really liked her. They had always feared her to be a bad influence on Brahms since they first met.

For her, the circumstance was familiar. When their son was first presented to her, Brahms stood in front of her, and she was so amused by his stuffy, rule-following look that she laughed. Her father had to intervene to calm Mr. Heelshire down, and Mrs. Heelshire had to yank Brahms away from her.

But this time, Evelyn was aware of their desired response. Without skipping a beat, Evelyn kneels delicately touches her warm fingers with the doll's chilly ones, and shakes the porcelain hand of Brahms. She takes care to gaze squarely at him and speak to him as if he were a real little boy.

"Brahms, how are you doing?" Evelyn stopped, perhaps anticipating a reaction, but the doll's deathly eyes didn't even flicker. But in reality, Evelyn was glaring daggers at it. "This is my first visit to your home in a very long time. I'm looking forward to playing with you again." Mrs. Heelshire gives Mr. Heelshire a big smile.

Evelyn didn't bother remembering once a little interval had passed. Now, Mrs Heelshire brought her to a sofa seat close to the Brahms Doll where she said as follows: "See, I've got trip arrangements with Mr. Heelshire. a trip that is quite important," Evelyn was careful to make sure her attire didn't obstruct the doll's area as Mr and Mrs Heelshire were seated in front of her.

"Given that you'll be staying, please take care of our kid as well. Please." While Mrs. Heelshire was insistent on viewing the doll as her kid, while Mr. Heelshire smiled sympathetically, realizing now that this wasn't something that usually happened.

As Mr. and Mrs. Heelshire alternated in their explanations, Evelyn's desire to leave the house waned. Evelyn found it amusing that her childhood companion had been transformed into a doll, and she kept staring at it.

Mr. Heelshire talked to Evelyn to reassure her as he looked at her, fearing that everything would frighten the girl, "By the end of the week, Brahms will be cared for by a nanny that we also recruited. Additionally, Malcolm will provide weekly food to the home." / "Oh, I see," Evelyn, though, was genuinely tired of this. She was no longer amused by the doll after minutes of staring and nothing fun happened, or the old couple's chatter.

That is until she became aware of a presence. Her focus was diverted since she thought there were more people in the room than just the three of them. Her eyes start looking for an explanation, thinking that the doll cannot be one.

No one heard her squeak when she suddenly let forth a little noise. A quiet impact from the wall behind her causes her to hold her breath. A humming voice that is dragging her is then heard. Resting close to her, she sensed something heavy leaning against the wall in their space.

While her mind raced with ideas, she remained silent, focusing only on the chatty pair. She taps the wall three times with the back of her head, using a code that only the supposedly deceased kid would know, as gently and quietly as she can before the Heelshire.

As she was about to become enraged by the lack of an answer, she waited some more. The wall was tapped three times at the same speed as she did. Evelyn only needs a hint to know who is hiding behind those barriers to smile sarcastically. As she chews down her chestier cat smile in front of the Heelshire, Evelyn murmurs, "Not dead it appears," her tone tinged with amusement.

Evelyn's eyes were wide in amazement as the elder abruptly snapped her out of her trance, but Mr. Heelshire mistook it for the reason for his remark and added, "We are going early in the morning..." Mrs. Heelshire said, "I'm sorry. It's a really significant journey."