𝓖𝓻𝓸𝓬𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓑𝓸𝔂, 𝓜𝓪𝓵𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓶

𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 7.

Evelyn went slowly to the ground. They've played their hide-and-seek game every day for an entire week now, just like they promised. Additionally, Brahms would give Evelyn glimpses of himself every day. Evelyn had only seen a brief glimpse of a mask covering his face the day before.

Evelyn had become used to the place aside from that, primarily because of their game. Even with her eyes closed, she had an almost perfect memory of the home. Despite being aware that she was not alone in the house and was instead with the real Brahms Heelshire and his doll counterpart. Evelyn felt extremely cozy, especially in the seer attire that Brahms could pick out for her.

She had peace of mind knowing that Brahms was below and far for the time being when she heard a piano playing a song from downstairs. He seemed to be providing her some room for the day.

She decided to just wander about the second level for the time being. Before the door to Mr. and Mrs. Heelshire's chamber, Evelyn stops. It would be abrupt and betray any rules and manners if she stepped foot in the master room as thought by her father, but she wanted to. She gazed down the hall and knew Brahms wouldn't protest if she had a look around. When they were little, they used to often look at this home.

She entered their room quietly out of habit from the past that someone would notice her nosiness. Opens the dresser gently and silently as she approaches it. Nothing, interesting but just filled with clothing. It doesn't appear as though anything was taken by the Heelshire. A long pole with a hook on the end is placed next to the dresser. Holding it, Evelyn is unsure of what to make of it. She then takes up an empty, dated-looking picture frame off the nightstand near the bed that was supposed to display a family portrait.

Evelyn murmured, "This isn't enjoyable," as she straightens up to hear whether the noise was still coming from downstairs. It was, and based on how it sounded, it could have been near the end of the song. As a result, she had to move swiftly, which made it enjoyable for her to attempt to avoid being discovered by Brahms.

The nightstand's drawer is opened by her, just one thing. It was an envelope even if it wasn't closed. Unsure of whether to open it, Evelyn looks around the area. With her finger, she punctures the envelope and partially takes the contents. The words "Last Will & Testament" appear at the top of the paper.

In the hallway, something or someone suddenly flashes past. A shudder runs through Evelyn as she glances up just in time to ask, "Haven't you become better at being silent?" Despite being discovered, she glances back down at the will and sees nothing amiss. "Not exactly the type of prying I was expecting for," the person huffs. She places it back inside the envelope before leaving the bedroom.

"...." Evelyn hesitated since the home was now quite silent. And this stillness felt unwelcoming because the days and nights were always bustling with something. "Brahms?" She doesn't think anybody would hear her because her voice was low and murmuring. She moves along the corridor, eager to get downstairs.

However, her intellect forced her to look up before she headed for the steps. There was a door to the attic. As she examined the door, which was a pull-down attic in the ceiling, her curiosity overcame her. She returns with the hooked pole after doing a U-turn in the Heelshire's room. She pulls while grabbing the door's ring.

No matter how hard she pulled, it wouldn't budge, and her frail build revealed how little strength she possessed. She threw the hook next to Brahms's room after giving up in frustration and exhaustion, then descended to seek the doll and human.

When it was nowhere to be seen, Evelyn walked back up and searched every room until stopping when she discovered it in the classroom. Bookcases filled with stale literature adorn the walls. Two desks are located in the room's middle, and there is a podium at the front. All very '50s in design.

Before leaving, she cautiously approaches the doll and scoops it up while gazing around the room as if she were anticipating more. Brahms didn't yet make an appearance, suggesting that the game has begun and he is treating the seeking seriously.

The sound of a door slamming somewhere in the house startled Evelyn when she was about ready to shout that she was going to pursue his game. She searched her surroundings with wide, startled eyes. Because Brahms generally kept his volume as low as he could cause he knew she was easily startled, this noise frightened her more than usual.

Whoever slammed that door appeared new.

Evelynn scurried down the hallway to the source while holding the Brahms Doll tightly in her arms as if it would protect and soothe her. Greeting out: "Hello?" She carefully yelled, not anticipating an answer, but was aware that a reply was given, a hello but with confusion. She squeaked like a mouse as a result.

She enters the dining room where the voice was heard after taking a minute to gather her thoughts. Surprisingly, another person was in the house, someone she didn't recognize was there. He has a very English appearance and is right in the middle of attractive and geeky. Dressed in a black tie and a white shirt, making him look like an off-duty waiter.

Evelyn walked up and gave the other person in this house a perplexed look as she observed their looks until they turned to face her. His mouth kept opening and shutting as he repeated, "Y-You're the new nanny?" Unlike her doe eyes, which were curious about who he is, the other was astonished that he stammered with his sentence.

Evelyn frowned, glancing around her before pointing at herself, "Me? No, I'm only here temporarily." His eyes appear to shine as she says this and that shine almost bought the new character to drool at how innocently cute Evelyn can be. "Right! Then you must be Ms. Houston. Mr. Heelshire did let me know. Malcolm, the grocery boy, here." He extends a hand to Evelyn, and the two of them awkwardly shake, mostly on Malcolm's side as he was as nervous as a young boy at seeing a girl for the first time.

She released a breath she had been holding in response to the statement, "Evelyn is fine. Ms sounds to old." She giggles and watched this Malcolm gingerly pack their food in their places while countlessly trying to get glances of her appearance, as she cautiously placed Brahms Doll on the counter. "Do you need assistance?"

"Uh? Well, yes. Please, yes." Evelyn observes that Malcolm looks to be a very clumsy and anxious individual. She has aided him by giving him the food and cans, as well as whatever else she knows how to put. While so, Malcolm would sometimes try his luck and be as close as possible to Evelyn. Even attempted his horrible flirts.

Brahms vehemently observes everything of this encounter from the holes in the walls. Present Evelyn didn't appeal to him at all. She seemed very typical, just so typical as she was chuckling at Malcolm's clumsy, timid behavior toward her. While Malcolm was drawn to Evelyn's attractiveness and physique.

The fact that Brahms was the only one to know Evelyn's genuine self and be allowed to play and be with her occasionally made him feel special. He understood that this was how she interacted with other people. But times like this also served to remind him of just how well-liked and alluring his Evelyn was, able to draw in people of any gender. He rushed off for a better look while growling from his chest and glaring daggers at Malcolm, but his ears perked up to their dialogue.

"Do you arrive this early every time?" The other continued staring and glancing at Evelyn while she carried on their talk. "N-no, I had to go to a different house. I figured I'd send one here just in case." Evelyn hums, noticing with her hearing that the house was likewise exceedingly peaceful and serene.

Malcolm commented, "You're a really quiet girl," as he finished packing the last of the grocery bags. Evelyn questioned what he was saying since she didn't understand him. Finally overcoming his attrition to her beauty to communicating effectively with her, Malcolm chuckled at this "Well, I believed I was alone before you arrived. not even a sound of footfall. You calling out there almost made me feel frightened." / "Ah." Evelyn flushed as she felt insulted by the observation. "Years of experience, I suppose."

Malcolm intended to challenge her final comment, but she blushed in response, which prevented him from doing so. It was painfully clear that Evelyn wasn't interested in Malcolm, although she enjoys playing with his feelings, while he was attracted to her and gradually gaining more confidence in his attempts to flirt.