𝓛𝓮𝓽'𝓼 𝓟𝓵𝓪𝔂, 𝓝𝓸𝔀

𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 5.

When she heard a loud thump coming from the walls, Evelyn chose to linger in the kitchen for a bit, deliberately. Brahms has known her since she was a young child, and the lad is exactly as reserved as ever, avoiding merely because he responded. "It's cute." She moved out of the corridor and looked about, attempting to see anything odd in the little halls lined with portraits and photographs, but she couldn't discover anything.

"He's becoming more proficient at lurking." Taking a deep breath, Evelyn tries to concentrate on getting dinner over with while she murmurs to herself. She babbles to herself, attempting to let her voice dominate her thoughts more than anything else, "I shouldn't leave the doll too long."

♡ ⚀ ♧ ⚁ ♢ ⚂ ♤ ⚃ ♡ ⚄ ♧ ⚅ ♢

When she returned, she carried Brahms Doll in the dining room. Dinner is a dish of simmering stew with chicken that Evelyn carries around the table. Even before she sits, she ties a napkin around Brahms' neck as Mrs. Heelshire had instructed her to do.

Evelyn sat at the head of the table with Brahms on her left. She engaged in a brief gazing match with the doll to pass the time until she places her food in her stomach completely. Her eyes scan the area in search of anything to do or to babble about. Noting the size of the kitchen, which was likely previously home to a whole crew of servants. Now it's just her and the Brahms Doll. "Since the other won't come out. It's boring."

Evelyn rolled her eyes sarcastically, her spoon playing around with the stew as she stares at the lifeless doll and its stew that was turning cold. Unknown to her, a figure in the wall seems guilty at her statement.

"That is not a cause for concern, though. Soon a nanny, along with a weekly grocery delivery boy." She boosted her spirits while intentionally provoking the others. And she succeeded. He simply wanted him and her here, in his home. Since Grocery Boy or Malcolm brought food, he could overlook it, and perhaps the nanny's condition might be disregarded too for the care of the doll.

BUT STILL. He didn't want them to become attached.

After supper, Evelyn decided to put the doll to bed early as she would be writing later that night. She had assembled a kit with her pen, and books, as a pastime. She always carries these things with her, either in her bag or her hand. People are unaware of what she writes in them, though.

She got Brahms Doll ready for bed by putting on his pajamas, easing him into the bed, and tucking him in before standing up to reflect on her actions. Without a sure, it was strange that she was also treating the doll like a person, but she didn't bother it too much. It's not like she hasn't when she was younger.

As soon as she opened the door to leave the room, she halted. She murmurs, "Goodnight kiss," as she recalls something. The most logical thing she could have done in the doll circumstance; she hesitates to do. She inhales deeply and mumbles to herself, "Just get it over with," before turning around, adjusting her clothes, and kneeling in front of the bed.

"Goodnight, Brahms," she says as she reaches out to touch the doll's face and feels the chilly fabric. She leaned over to the doll and gave it a good, short kiss on the forehead before getting up to depart.

♡ ⚀ ♧ ⚁ ♢ ⚂ ♤ ⚃ ♡ ⚄ ♧ ⚅ ♢

Evelyn got up later than usual the following morning after dozing off in the middle of the night. She had been rudely startled awake by the loud rumble of the powerful storm outside. She has a minor issue with loud, intrusive noises. She took a long breath to calm her racing heart and gradually recognized that it was already the middle of the day as she sat gently down on the bed.

She then discovers that the home was filled with laughter and music, in addition to the tremendous thunderclaps. Her head was too clouded from lack of sleep, and despite her body processing this, she felt riveted to her bed to investigate the source of the music.

The music and the child's laughing didn't cease even after minutes to minutes and a half an hour had passed. "Maybe I forgot to turn off the TV." As she got out of bed, Evelyn muttered to herself in a croaky voice that was dripping with sarcasm. Finding a gown to cover herself in as she was only wearing the barest necessities that evening.

Slowly as she searches for the cause of the commotion and the thunder that gave her a headache. She halted at the entrance of Brahms's room since she had temporarily forgotten about the doll and it had never occurred to her. Up until now, that is.

"Brahms..." While her mind was still preparing to speak, she mouthed. She inhaled deeply and turned her head, her pulse racing with anticipation and some anxiety. She inhaled deeply one more before quietly calling out, "... Brahms?" And as the song went on, the child's laughing ceased, much like how essential it was to comply with her voice.

"You know I dislike loud things," said Evelyn, looking down the staircase. Her tone was practically reprimanding, and it was obvious that her abrupt awakening had irritated her.

She descended the stairs with careful steps, and when she got to the bottom, Brahms Doll was waiting for her in the hallway. It was neatly dressed, and despite the loud music piercing Evelyn's ears, its head was tilted to the side as if it were wishing her a good morning.

Evelyn stood by the stairs and stared into the doll's eyes, which were no longer lifeless but were now filled with curiosity as if a gazing contest had suddenly spurred her. "Are you now coming out?" Evelyn went past the doll, ignoring its presence for now as she zooms into the living room where a record was set on the turntable, turning the music into silence as only the rain from outside could be heard. She glimpses behind her in the hallway, where the Doll was still there before glancing around the living room.

Despite her relaxed demeanor, her mind was in a state of mild concern, but she was certainly enthusiastic about everything. She located the phone and phoned Mr. Heelshire's number, holding the phone to her ear, eager to tell them the great news that someone else was in their home.

Primarily to tease the elderly couple, envisioning how irritated and anxious they would be if their secret were uncovered. She did, however, grin maniacally as she called three times, looking in every direction of the room, and on the fourth attempt, when no one answered, she gave up.

Evelyn forced herself to perform a breathing technique and put the phone down "Settle down. Think about what father and doctor constantly advise..." Every day, Evelyn and her father practiced breathing exercises since her father was frightened of losing herself once more. Evelyn exhibits the most insane and psychotic behavior imaginable when she becomes overexcited.

Her smile keeps getting bigger as she makes her approaches the doll while hugging herself like a mentally ill person. "Brahmsy, are you coming out from hiding?" She sees a yellow note and gets on her knees next to it. Evelyn carefully takes the paper out of the doll's hand and looks around her before opening it "I'm Sorry." It was drawn in red crayons in a way that seemed like it was written by a little child.

Evelyn combed her hair with her hands. She chews her lips in an attempt to control her laughing, and her respiration quickens like a person with an unstable psychological condition. "You must been bored, poor child." She seated herself on the ground and considered the message and its contents. And she inquired, seemingly clicking, "Brahms, do you want to play? Play now!"

Suddenly standing up, she counted carefully from 1 to 10, keeping her eyes open the entire time. "You remember what happens if I catch you?" Evelyn enjoys playing this game, which she previously played with Brahms and her father when they were kids.

A hide-and-seek game started.