𝓢𝓲𝓭𝓮 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓮𝓻

𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 28

"You too Malcolm, the more the merrier," with the statement from Evelyn. Greta snapped her head to the entrance of the living room, where Evelyn had moved to greet the 'new' guest's arrival. As expected, Malcolm stands in the doorway puzzled and jealous. He couldn't do much when Evelyn reached up to him, her hand went up around his shoulder. Peeking a look over her shoulder to Greta she says, "We can even pop a champagne. It's going to be a fun night."

Greta felt a surge of coldness in her. What was that? Evelyn almost looked like a psychopath. The way she stares into her, a warning flare inside the nanny as her body stiffens itself.

"I-I um, can't Evelyn." Malcolm's soft nervous whimpers cut anything more from escalating. "I'm just here to drop the delivery you wanted. Greta, you may want to go over the inventory list." Malcolm gave a sign through his eyes at the nanny, wanting an explanation and a private conversation.

Luckily for Evelyn, no one was paying attention to her for that split second. Cole is busy questioning the relationship between Greta and Malcolm as the two have a telepathic conversation through their eyes. And if anyone did pay attention, you can see how dead angry and furious Evelyn is at Malcolm who had rejected her offer.

She's playing nice and patient, everyone is here for the game but he had to ruin her night.

"Hm." Biting her lips to fight back her urges. She avoided looking up at everyone else as Evelyn removed her arms from Malcolm. Letting the man and Greta to leave the room. All that's left is her, Cole, and Brahms's stupid doll.

Once the sound of the door closed as the pair left. Evelyn let out an annoyed click of her tongue. "Ruined your night?" Cole asked, coming up to her. He took his chances with Evelyn as much as he could, knowing that he might never get to in the future. "I had everything planned. God. It's supposed to be fun. You were going to be the start of the game," She stomps her foot like a child as Evelyn puffs her cheeks out.

Cole watched intensely as she did every action, as every emotion changed the expression on her face. Evelyn has a charm, that's no lie. But as a manipulator himself, he can see that who stood before him wasn't as she portrayed herself to be. He has a feeling; that he's standing before an actor. A great one at that, since he has yet to point to her motive for hiding.

"Who's that man anyway?" / "Hm? Oh, Malcolm. Grocery boy, sends food once a week."

♡ ⚀ ♧ ⚁ ♢ ⚂ ♤ ⚃ ♡ ⚄ ♧ ⚅ ♢

Cole watches from the doorway as Greta undresses Brahms the Doll and puts pajamas on him. "At least I know what to get you for Christmas now." He rolled his eyes when Greta didn't respond to him, sneaking a look into the hallway. He frowns at the many doors wondering which one might lead to Evelyn's bedroom.

When Malcolm had denied Evelyn's request for dinner. The girl had a foul mood but kept it formal and kind to her guest and Greta. She did make them dinner and chatted as long as she could but Cole noticed how her mind wasn't there. As if her brain was preoccupied with something else. And he got his assumption right when Evelyn called the night early and left first.

Focusing back on the person he was meant to be. Greta tucks the doll into the bed. She bends down and kisses him, whispering something to him. This made Cole raise his eyebrow but the disgusted feeling at the scene took over his thoughts to care what the nanny would be whispering to a doll about, "Jesus, don't do that."

The nanny stands up, careful not to look at Cole. She doesn't say anything, once more. "I'm not going to let you treat this thing like it's real. Not in front of me." / "He is real." Oh, finally it appeared she could talk, Cole rolled his eyes. Humoring the girl for a second, only a split second he replies sarcastically, "He's real? Okay."

Cole picks up the doll Brahms, "Hello!? Anybody there? Are you real?" He knocks on its head, hard. It made Greta flinch at each knock, knowing how fragile the doll be, but mostly scared that Cole would infuriate the soul inside it. "Come on! If you're real just speak up." Greta stands there, frozen, hopeless, as she watches Cole finally toss the doll back on the bed. Nothing but a toy to him.

"Looks like he's just a doll after all." Greta moves, trying to walk past him to get to Brahms the Doll but Coles stops him. And in that silent beat, his glare down at her, voice laced in warning. A way that Greta won't be able to talk back, but submit to his wishes. "Go get packed. We leave in the morning." Cole waits until Greta walks out with him, then turns off the light behind her.

♡ ⚀ ♧ ⚁ ♢ ⚂ ♤ ⚃ ♡ ⚄ ♧ ⚅ ♢

Evelyn had waited this night for months now. The moment the Heelshire wrote their invite to their house, she had played the game in her head. First, it was just a blueprint in her mind. She sets some rules and re-memorizes the layout of the mansion. When she arrived, she picked out her characters in the game. Who gets to be the main part of her game, and who are the background characters?

When Greta Evans came into mind, Evelyn didn't think much of it. Imagine something boring of a personality in a person, but when the nanny appears. It's like playing a game of unrevealing her past. And god did Greta have so many things Evelyn could play with! She was the perfect cast in the play, so she did.

The longer Greta stayed, the more things Evelyn dug up from her. And the easier it was to get more side character in it too. Malcolm first. Now Cole.

People are stacking before her like a domino, all she needs to do is tilt one over and watch in satisfaction as the rest falls before her.

"And I could get that satisfaction if Malcolm hadn't decided to be the hero." Evelyn hisses, "A side character will always be a side character. Right?" She snaps her head over her shoulder. There, waiting patiently at the foot of her bed sat Brahms. Tall and intimidating, a dark aura lingering around him yet as devoted as a dog before Evelyn. "Game over?"

"Over? Oh, Brahmsy!" Evelyn chuckle. She opens her wardrobe her fingers going to the many dresses hanging before her eyes. All pastel and nude tones, nothing bright but a color to represent a calm trustworthy person. "I never stop a game." Her eyes fell onto the clothing that stood out in all those colors. A pitch black dress.

"Like I said. A side character will always be a side character," she took out the dress. She moved to place it before her body to Brahms, her eyes telling him her wicked desires. "Pretty Evie." Brahms imminently complements her, his eyes roaming freely through her body.

"Malcolm will join the fun soon. We have until the morning."

♡ ⚀ ♧ ⚁ ♢ ⚂ ♤ ⚃ ♡ ⚄ ♧ ⚅ ♢

Brahms was walking through the hallway. It's deep in the night, he knows Greta wouldn't step foot out of her room with her toxic ex being about the mansion. And Cole had already been dead asleep.

Evelyn had instructed him to go through the plan. And he wasn't going to disappoint her. He's going to make sure that everything is up to plan, set the first move, check all the trap doors, the weapons, and most importantly music.

You need something to blend in with the screams.

"I need your help. He's going to take me away, Brahms. I need you. Please..."

Brahms halts in his steps, he can hear the sounds of Greta's whispers. Pleading for him, it sounded so similar to Emily Cribbs. Looks like the game will continue. "Evie's right. She's always right," shaking his head at Greta's weak sounds he continues back to his patrol.