𝓜𝔂 𝓡𝓮𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓭

𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 14

Black. That was the only thing Greta could see, pitch black as her eyes haven't adjusted yet. The only sound is her deep breathing while holding herself from crying, her breath was coming fast and loud. She was able to keep calm, remembering Evelyn's advice about not panicking, she then heard something. Something in the hallway below.

Soft steps. Like a child or a doll walking carefully...

Greta shakes her head, thinking the alcohol got the best of her and that her mind was playing tricks now. Her eyes finally adjusted and now being able to see, Greta groped herself tightly in the darkness. Pushing herself into the corner. She starts counting the seconds that turn into minutes now.

Starting to think that she would be stuck up her forever, until the light from a car outside illuminates the room, making the shadows shift and move. Greta crawls to one of the small port-like windows. From there she sees Malcolm's truck. He gets out, and moves toward the door, "Malcolm! Help! Malcolm!" She slams her fists against the window, wild with fear, screaming for help.

Downstairs she hears more footsteps this time moving quickly through the house and heavily, and she was sure another man was in the house. Greta slams on the window and the wall with her fists, while screaming, this time calling out for Evelyn also.

Meanwhile, from outside.

Malcolm walks around the house, looking in windows for any sign of Greta. When he reaches up closer to the window, he sees Evelyn in the living room, swaying to the loud classic music which averted his attention and forgetting about his task here. From the daze staring at Evelyn's almost seductive hips swaying in that tight dress, and the loud crackles from the rain, he didn't hear Greta screaming out to him.

Back with Greta, she races through the dark attic, tripping on boxes, fighting her way through the maze of shadows, and tugging to keep the sheet on her naked and still-wet body. She finds what she was looking for, the broken leg of a table. She stumbles back to the window, "MALCOLM! EVELYN!" SLAM! She swings the table leg against the window as hard as she can. The window holds surprisingly well. She swings again, this time the table leg snaps in half, and turns out the window's thicker than coke bottle glass.

Malcolm snap back to look up at the window of the house when he heard a slight vibration of something banging but he found nothing of the sort. He was late by a second when Greta had given up and was in search of another weapon to help her. Then, he turns his attention back to Evelyn, hoping this time to catch her attention and ask about Greta then being a creep and googling at her dancing.

Well, that plan backfired when he witnessed, Evelyn, moving her hair to the side, her hand reaching for the back zip of the dress. Malcolm imminently looked away, face redden just by remembering about this morning's event. He distances himself from the house before Evelyn catches him peaking at her. Malcolm stands next to his truck, looking confused as he stares around for Greta. He gives the horn a couple of honks, which even Evelyn didn't hear through the music and rain.

"Malcolm! Up here! Malcolm!" Greta continues screaming and beating on the wall as Malcolm climbs into his truck. Panicking at seeing that her savior was going to leave, she turns back to the room, looking for some way to get Malcolm's attention or escape. Her head moves toward a dark corner of the room as she quickly skims through the sea of boxes and random objects, and then runs right into a sudden figure.

Obscured by the darkness. Greta screams the loudest ever that night, stumbles back into a stack of boxes, trips, and falls, hitting her head. She doesn't move, knocked out cold, the sheet half-draped over her.