𝓖𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓪 𝓔𝓿𝓪𝓷𝓼

𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 9.

The dawn of this day was brighter than usual. We were able to view the dawn because it was such a lovely day. Evelyn decided to ignore the fact that she had awakened that morning in her bedroom.

She took advantage of the opportunity to play another game of hiding and seek before taking Brahms Doll and herself for a stroll in the Heelshire home's backyard. The doll would be placed in strategic locations to indicate how near Evelyn was while she searched the entire home for the Brahms. If she managed to catch a peek of the genuine Brahms, all the better.

But today, she fell short once more. "He's become really clever. I despise it," Evelyn mutters about how insane she had been the entire week of losing. They were beginning to play it at least once a day, but she could never seem to even come close to winning, blaming her lack of endurance.

♡ ⚀ ♧ ⚁ ♢ ⚂ ♤ ⚃ ♡ ⚄ ♧ ⚅ ♢

A magnificent garden and a little pond were used to adorn the backyard. The garden was in full flower, and the emerald pond gave the impression that a fancy book had come to life. The sound of a motor engine entering the property disturbed their tranquil stroll. Evelyn didn't want to go meet the new visitor, who she assumed to be the new nanny, so she just stared at the doll and the garden.

Evelyn scowled at the thought of having to explain the doll to the babysitter. The game of hide-and-seek may have to come to a stop as a result of the reminder that she had to behave in a mature and collected manner as instructed and anticipated. It was dreadfully bothersome how she had to be, just like how she behaves around Malcolm.

Evelyn deliberately took her time and delayed her arrival so that she could take in the surroundings and the doll's companionship. She was startled to see a bag and a pair of shoes waiting for her when she entered the home instead of meeting the nanny herself by the door.

A faint scrape upstairs gave the impression that someone was trying to avoid being seen wandering about the property. "She is a curious person, isn't she? We have that in common," Evelyn sighed as a result and gently placed Brahms in the living room first. She occupies the high entranceway, which extends to the second story. The home is made of traditional, sturdy materials. Walls are supported by substantial wood beams.

Evelyn decided to wait below the stairways for the nanny to descend. She could hear the visitor come down, and when they established eye contact, the visitor jumped into place upon seeing Evelyn there.

"I apologise. I was-" The nanny began her probing without having a better reason in mind. Evelyn decided to meet her at the top, dragging her dress every step of the way up. Evelyn saw that the nanny's concentration was on the artwork in front of them.

Mr. and Mrs. Heelshire are holding their little son's shoulders in turn. The mother is little, squat, and severe, while the father is tall and has a dignified appearance. A peculiar-looking duo.

Brahms appears to be roughly seven years old instead. He has almost unnervingly perfect features, flawlessly coiffed hair, flawless complexion, and an aged-looking tiny suit. He also has a subtle half-smile as if he knows something we don't. The eyes, however, stand out because they are large, dark, and dead.

This artwork was never Evelyn's personal favorite since it was so untrue to the genuine portrait of the family. The wife of Mr. Heelshire was stern and temperate, but he was a covert alcoholic. The thing that bothered her the most, especially while she was present, was that Brahms was presented as if he were a typical, innocent youngster which he never was.