Chapter 197 New Friends

Start from the beginning

The court was in mourning. Someone proposed to increase taxes, but the prince and several ministers vetoed it. Daqi had just ended years of war, and what the people needed most now was to recuperate. Not only could they not increase taxes, but they also had to reduce taxes.

Then there was another argument about where the money should come from. As soon as one proposed an idea, the other immediately rejected it. They argued back and forth, and nothing could be done. But the military pay could no longer be in arrears, and the dams and bridges that should be repaired could no longer be owed. It can't be delayed any longer.

The floods in late autumn last year were caused in many places by the dikes being in disrepair over the years.

There was a huge quarrel in the morning. His Majesty was furious and asked which of his beloved ministers had a way to make money. The man who proposed selling his official position to make money said it at this time that he would use extraordinary methods to solve his urgent need.

"Your Majesty was very angry, so he said, my beloved, please tell me how the officials of Daqi should value it, how should your crown be valued, and how should my dragon throne be valued."

Lu Zhou: "..."

Young man: "Then depose him!"

Lu Zhou wondered: "How do you know this?"

Why is it more detailed than what was posted yesterday?

The young man was startled, "My father is here."

"Oh." Looking at his clothes, he looks like he belongs to an official family.

If what he said was true, Lu Zhou couldn't help but frown and said, "Then the imperial court has no money for disaster relief? I see there is no shortage of money in the capital, why can't they divert money from the capital for disaster relief?"

As he spoke, he looked at the young man.

The young man's clothes, if broken into silver, would be enough to feed an ordinary family of ten for a year.

Since there is no money in the treasury, why do the children of officials wear such nice and new clothes?

The young man was stunned for a moment, and then said quickly: "Your Majesty has asked your subordinates to go back to the private treasury to get the treasures and sell them, and first help the refugees affected by the flood. My body... My family has already cut down on food and clothing, but I can't wear enough clothes. Too bad, this body was made before."

Lu Zhou apologized: "I'm not talking about you. I just... just thought of Jialin City..."

Then he told about the floods he encountered on the way through Jialin, and Lu Zhou said sadly: "It was already late autumn when we left, and the families whose houses collapsed didn't know how they would survive the winter."

The two and a half-year-old boys were silent for a moment, and they couldn't even eat the dried meat.

The young man said sadly: "But His Majesty has already opened a private treasury, and the Queen and Crown Princess have also taken the lead in reducing expenses. The Crown Prince doesn't even eat meat..."

As he said that, he looked at the scholars who were still talking in the distance, and suddenly asked: "Are you also here to take part in the examination?"

Lu Zhou was startled, "No, I'm not. I'm here with my brother. I...I haven't even passed the boy student exam yet."

The young man was surprised: "Is it difficult for children to take the exam?"

Lu Zhou thought for a while, shook his head and said, "It's difficult for some, not difficult for others. I heard that Grand Master He passed the exam at the age of five. He is a well-deserved prodigy in our dynasty, but since my qualifications are mediocre, it's difficult."