Chapter 190 Traveling Far Away

Start from the beginning

This time, Lu Xu and the others wanted to take a boat to Jianyang County first, then change cars from Jianyang County and continue southwest to Beijing's official road.

The shipowner knew that Lu Xu was going to take the boat, so he specially made half of the cabin available for them, and also brought Lu Xu a lot of dried fish as snacks.

Lu Zhou went on a long trip for the first time. He sat by the cabin window and looked out. After a while, he nervously checked to see if their luggage was still safe.

Lu Xu stood with Yan Junqi on the deck for a long time, went into the cabin and chatted with the shipowner about the situation along the way, and was now taking a nap next to him.

Yan Junqi came back from the deck and sat down next to Lu Xu. He had calmed down.

Lu Xu felt a familiar breath and opened his eyes, handing him the dried fish.

Yan Junqi shook his head and asked Lu Zhou if he was dizzy.

Lu Zhou shook his head.

I don’t know if it’s because they were born by the river, but none of their brothers and sisters get seasick, and very few children in the village get seasick.

However, every time Yan Junqi went to the state capital for exams, he felt uncomfortable on the way.

Lu Xu asked him, and Yan Junqi didn't feel uncomfortable this time.

Lu Xu thought it was probably because of the boat.

This medium-sized boat, which can carry twenty or thirty people, combines the lightness and speed of a small boat with the stability of a large ship. The cabin is also spacious. Although there is some shaking, the frequency is very comfortable.

They could reach the official road from Guanyang by land, but it was a long journey, bumpy day and night, and they had to climb mountains and wade through rivers. The water route was much more comfortable than the land route.

It didn't matter to Lu Xu that he was used to walking on the trade route. With Lu Zhou and Yan Junqi, he would rather go farther and slower, and also wanted to make it easier for them.

Lu Xu took out the preserved fruit from the box and handed it to Yan Junqi, "Take one piece to feel comfortable. Do you want some tea?"

Yan Junqi shook his head, "Save some food."

Lu Xu: “I’ll buy some on the way after eating.”

Lu Xu used to take nothing with him except clothes and money every time he went to the north. Especially when I got acquainted with it later, I started off with a little baggage.

This time it was him who prepared everything for Yan Junqi and Lu Zhou, including food and drink, and even several kinds of tea.

Lu Xu: "The water in some places is bitter, so you can only drink it by making tea."

As soon as he went out, he wanted to use it.

Yan Junqi did not refute his good intentions. He had already inquired with the county magistrate. They took the official road from Jianyang County and had to pass through several big cities along the way. If they were short of anything, they could buy it in the city.

His mother brought him a lot of money, and Lu Xu also brought a lot of money. It seems that Lu Wen also gave Lu Zhou a lot of money.

The whole family was afraid that they would not have enough money to spend on the road. In the twelfth lunar month, they even gave all their private money to Lu Xu and Lu Zhou, but they didn't ask for it.