Chapter Eighteen: Again Penguin Again

(This is something for my love that got away, I hope to see you again.)

I stared at the big red envelope for a very long time; I didn't know whether to send it to you or to keep it. It has the special thing that we both love; our love language was very different from others, but by the time you read this, you probably would have received it. That's if I even send it.

Our love language was not pure, but it was not toxic either It was strange, it's like we loved each other, but at the same time, we knew it was the wrong time, but we just kept coming back to each other, the last thing you said to me was you were not my penguin, I don't believe that you meant that because you were drunk, especially at a Wawa parking lot, you know that I know we're both still each other's penguins, we are the same height, we have the same personality, we laughed the same, we joked around the same, everything about us was connected, but like everybody said "right person wrong time,"

Again, penguin again. We left each other again, but this time, it was not us messing with each other; this time, we left with hatred, or you did...
I don't hate you; hate is a very strong word in my heart, the right word to say for us is that I loved you so deeply that you left me without even saying a proper goodbye, but I don't think this is a goodbye it's a "see you later" we have always been a "see you later," we're both too young to understand anything at all, but our minds are so old, and our bodies cripple the same way.

You touched me, and I touched you, and we couldn't keep our hands off each other because we knew eventually it would just go away again.
I'm never going to regret you. We talked about the very long life we always wanted, and I think eventually we will get there together, but I know you'll get it first before me, the ranch on the hill, the 200 acres that we talked about, the cows that we want to take care of, and everything in between.

Time means everything, and I'll always wait for you, but I believe that you need to do it yourself so that when I do come back, we can live a happy life; that's just the man you are; you don't like it when a woman does it with you.

I forgive you, and it's okay that you don't forgive me it takes time, but we have plenty of time.

I remember how you like your coffee; you drink at least 2 to 3 a day, me and your mom love the same flowers every year, and you never stop saying I love you.

The way you said, I love you with your little accent was the cutest; you always had an accent, and I do too.
I hope we get to see each other again, and I hope we don't hate each other when we do see each other. When I do see you again, I want a hug, and not one of those quick ones, the long, genuine hug that you have always given me because your hugs felt like home, your scent was everything to me, the way you defended me from others about my weight that was love, you put your heart out on the line for me, and I'm not going to stop doing the same for you.

Until we see each other again, penguin.

Yours Truly, A