Chapter 148 Borrowing Cows

Start from the beginning

Lu Xu reluctantly let go, with a particularly regretful expression.

After enough teasing, Lu Xu started praising the food again, "What kind of meat is this?"

"Bison meat, yellow mutton, wild duck..." the grain officer introduced them one by one to Lu Xu, "Our hunting team just got back today, and you can't eat them anywhere else."

The grain officer said with pride and sadness that they, the mighty Northern Army, actually had to organize manpower to hunt in order to eat meat.

Thanks to Lu Xu, a fat sheep, otherwise he would have to go to the county town to beg his grandfather and grandma for next month's food and grass.

Lu Xu looked at the table full of game and wild vegetables and wondered: "The military households have to pay food, don't the barbarians pay sheep to the military camp?"

As far as he knew, although the northern border area belonged to Yonggu County in name, it was actually under the control of Li Xiu's military and political affairs. On the way, he also heard that the imperial court was going to establish two counties here, but for some reason, no one had been arranged to come here yet. .

The Northern Territory Army was so rude to a dignified Daqi man like him, would they be polite to the barbarians?

Although Li Xiu doesn't look fierce, he is rumored to be quite fierce. He is the only one among Daqi's five generals who came from an ordinary background. He relied on his military exploits to rise from a soldier to a general step by step. He was quite cruel to the barbarians, otherwise the court would also He will not be sent to look after the barbarians in the entire northern region.

The grain official said matter-of-factly: "Of course I have to hand it over!"

Lu Xu thought to himself, he just said it!

Grain officer: "But I won't give it until autumn."

The grain officer said with a gloomy look on his face, "Those barbarians are clueless. They cannot say that it is unlucky to slaughter a large number of sheep in the autumn and they want to fatten them up before driving them over to us. I don't know what they have in mind."

Lu Xu was surprised, but it made sense after thinking about it: "Maybe they have some beliefs. The cattle and sheep are fat and strong in late autumn, which is indeed a good season for slaughtering."

The grain officer agreed: "This is exactly the reason. Our general also said that since they are willing to raise it, then let's keep it. Anyway, they will pay on a per-cent basis when the time comes, so I don't dare to give them less."

Lu Xu nodded and asked tentatively: "Isn't there even a sheep in the army?"

Grain Officer: "No more."

Lu Xu suddenly showed a disappointed expression.

The grain officer wondered: "Brother Lu, you want to eat mutton? This yellow mutton is more delicious."

Lu Xu said quickly: "Of course this game is more delicious than the cattle and sheep raised in captivity. How could Lu Xu be so ignorant!"

The grain officer nodded with satisfaction. Lu Xu had donated so much grain and wine and promised to send them autumn grain. He was still reluctant to entertain Lu Xu with such good food and wine. It would be a shame to feed the ignorant with good food. .

Seeing that Lu Xu knew the goods, he introduced to Lu Xu in a good mood, "That's not the case. The meat of grown wild animals is hard, whether it is fresh or tender. The cattle and sheep raised by the barbarians are fat, tender and chewy. The wild lambs and calves are cared for." Be careful, even we can’t catch them.”