Chapter 147 Donation

Start from the beginning

Cao Shenjun, grain officer: "..."

If He Chengye knows it, the general knows it. If the general knows it, His Majesty knows it. Your Majesty knows it, and the whole court must know it...

Wouldn’t it mean that the civil and military officials of the entire court and the common people in Beijing would laugh at the fact that the Northern Army had to rely on the general to personally issue IOUs to get some food?

Regardless of whether it is true or false, there is no way that the general will give him any IOU!

Cao Canjun suddenly stood up and said, "Wait."

Lu Xu was startled, wondering if she was going to get money for him?

But the grain officials knew, how could they have money?

To the south of Qianjiao Ridge, bandits can still be suppressed. If you look at them here, they are either military households or barbarians. The imperial court has just brought the barbarians into Daqi and explicitly prohibits them from provoking them without reason.

They can neither rob barbarians nor their own people, and the court has not paid them any money. If it weren't for the fact that there were fewer people here and more wild animals to hunt, they would be chewing tree roots!

The grain officer sighed and tried to reason with Lu Xu: "Young man, aren't you making things difficult for me? Even if I have the courage to go to the general, the general is not in the camp today!"

Lu Xu humbly asked for advice: "...who am I looking for and who is not here?"

Grain Officer: "He's really not here. He went to discuss business with Manzi today. I can't tell you the details."

Lu Xu: "What should we do?"

Outside the tent, Cao Canjun had already arrested Chen Lian, and when he came up, he asked what the relationship between Lu Xu and He Chengye was, and whether Lu Xu was doing business in partnership with He Chengye.

Chen Lian denied repeatedly: "This is absolutely not the case! Everyone in the army knows Governor He's character. How could he do business in partnership with a small businessman?"

Seeing that Cao Shenjun was suspicious and silent, Chen Lian strengthened his persuasion: "If the governor wants to do business, there will be many people lining up in Beijing to give him money. Why should he cooperate with such an unknown child?"

Cao Shenjun frowned. Isn't this what he also wants to know?

"Then why are you following this kid?"

"I?"

"Did Governor He send you to follow him?"

"Well, it's the warlord. It's a long story."

"It doesn't matter, just speak slowly."

"..." Could it be that we start with how they pretended to be bandits and robbed Lu Xu?

With a grimace on his face, he used Lu Xuhu's trick of lying to Qiu Hu again.

Although there were many loopholes, Cao Shenjun understood the whole story, and even guessed whether Chen Lian and the others wanted to rob Lu Xu.

After all, there is a shortage of food everywhere, so when such a fat sheep comes to his lips, he would like to take a bite if there is a suitable opportunity.

It's a pity that they don't have the conditions to pretend to be bandits in the north...

Cao Shenjun pondered silently, guessing He Chengye's intention in letting Chen Lian follow Lu Xu.