Chapter 142 Arrival

Start from the beginning

When Lu Xu was staying in a village in Hong County, he saw that every household had knives. When asked, they even proudly said that they were the only people in Hong County and Yonggu County in Shuozhou who were allowed to have military knives in their homes, and the government would not accept them. .

Both Hongxian and Yonggu counties cover a large area. The three-layer city wall surrounds the county seat into a fortress.

Except during farming, villagers near the county seat will move to the county seat. After the autumn harvest, every grain of grain must be transported into the city.

Once the barbarians invaded, they would lock the city and fight a war of attrition until the barbarians ran out of food and had to retreat.

Relying on the city, they have stood on this piece of land that is not fertile for generations, and have dealt with their neighbors who are not easy to deal with for hundreds of thousands of years.

When Lu Xu entered the city, he couldn't help but look around at the city walls inside and outside. Unlike Qinglong City, there was not such strong pressure here, but it gave people a more vicissitudes of life than Qinglong City.

The people of Hong County are optimistic, and they are very enthusiastic about anyone with a Daqi face, especially those who come for business trips.

Their Hong County produces almost nothing except buckwheat, oatmeal, and beans. There is only basic handicraft industry in the city. They have to go to Qinglong City to buy everything they use. Usually there are no big caravans coming, and they are the only ones who go in and out of the South City Gate. Three or five small local caravans.

Yonggu County in the north is even worse than them, and they still have to come to Hong County to purchase goods.

As soon as Lu Xu's large and powerful troops entered the city, they were surrounded by people at the city gate.

The further they walked into the city, the harder it became to move, which made Lu Xu very nervous, fearing that someone would take advantage of the chaos to steal and grab things.

When people from Hong County heard that he was going to Yonggu County, they didn't say anything and just smiled and blocked the car from passing. Lu Xu had no choice but to sell two cars of daily necessities, half a car of wine, and half a car of food in Hong County. Cloth is the only thing that passes the test.

Lu Xu thought, it was really sweet and helpless to have such a guest from the city.

After continuing their journey north for five or six days, they finally arrived in Yonggu County.

Looking at Yonggu County, which is almost the same as Hong County, Lu Xu burst into tears. The sky is finally here!

But Liang Shanbao laughed and teased him: "We have arrived in Yonggu County, but it is still far away from our camp!"

After resting for a night, Lu Xu bought and exchanged some buckwheat, oats and beans. Lu Xu sent away several waves of people who urged him to stay in Yonggu County and not venture further north.

The local official responsible for resettling the military households personally came to persuade them to stay in Yonggu County for a few more days and wait for the military team escorting the military households to the north to arrive before heading north with them.

Unfortunately, the first team left just two days ago, and they have to wait another eight days for the next team to arrive.

We have already arrived in Yonggu County, why is Lu Xu still willing to wait?

He asked Lu Qing and Chen Lian if they could travel north on their own.

Lu Qing: "We had no intention of relying on others to protect us."

Chen Lian: "There are so many veterans, that's enough."

Lu Xu was relieved.

He spent another half day at the Yamen to express his gratitude, and politely exchanged names with the local businessmen and big clients who had approached him, and reached a friendly verbal cooperation agreement.

Regardless of whether the other party took a fancy to his goods or was purely kind-hearted, Lu Xu wanted to get along well with the Yonggu people.

This is the terminus of his trade route, the most important link on the entire road.

After busying himself with interpersonal relationships, Lu Xu also raced against time to inquire about housing prices in Yonggu County.

This is a big market!

Nearly one-third of the county's people live in the county. Who doesn't need food, clothing, housing and transportation?

They set out from Yonggu County, crossed Qianjiao Mountains, and went to Qiu Hu's camp.

Once they passed Qianjiao Ridge, Lu Qing and Chen Lian, who had been calm all the way, quickly increased their vigilance.

Lu Qing even sent people to the front to explore the way, as if he was treating the man as a scout.

The people who had come with him before were very skilled in business and started to take action. Lu Xu only saw them making a few gestures to each other, and the five of them ran away in different directions.

Lu Xu: "..."

He is worthy of being a veteran who has returned from his military service. He is so proficient in his business.

Lu Qing reorganized the convoy and shortened the distance between the front and rear. He and Liang Shanbao opened the way in front, while Chen Lian and Luo Chun held down the rear. Lu Xu was thrown back into the middle of the convoy. In order to prevent him from being shot by bows and arrows, Lu Qing did not let him sit. Instead of using a mule carriage, let him walk between two mule carriages to ensure that he was covered in all directions, front, rear, left and right.

Even if the barbarians attack by surprise, he can squat down and grab something from the car to use as a shield to block them.

This formation made Lu Xu also nervous.

At night, Lu Qing followed the military arrangements for patrolling.

Lu Xu was not in the mood to cook that night, so he took out a sesame seed cake to fill his stomach and went to bed with his clothes on.

The next day they saw the sheep from a distance, and the barbarian herdsmen among the sheep also looked at them from a distance.

The large meadow north of Qianjiao Ridge was originally a place for them to graze, but now it belongs to Daqi.

Lu Xu didn't want to cause trouble, and the other party didn't seem to want to cause trouble. The two sides looked at each other from a distance and remained alert, and the caravan moved forward at full speed.

Just in case, Lu Qing sent more people to suppress the formation.

Fortunately, the day passed and everything was still fine.

At noon on the third day, a large amount of smoke and dust rose in the distance, and a group of cavalry came galloping from the north.

The caravan stopped in place and put into a defensive position. Everyone took out their weapons and started to be on guard until they saw clearly the armor on the horse's back. Daqi's red armor shone in the dazzling sunlight.

Lu Xu saw the figure of the leader from a distance. He and Liang Shanbao said almost at the same time: "Brother Tiger!" "It's Brother Tiger!"

© 2010-2020 quanben-xiaoshuo.com