Chapter 142 Arrival

Start from the beginning

They raced against time to present the improved new map of Shuozhou to the court within the year.

He Chengye was busy running around, and Lu Xuke didn't know it at all.

He politely caught the innkeeper and asked him all kinds of information about Qinglong City, especially prices, markets, business travel, etc., and then spent one day selling the remaining embroidery at a high price, and spent two more I spent one day shopping around the shops in Qinglong City, and got a general idea of ​​the prices of food, cloth, livestock, land, shops, etc. in Qinglong City and even Shuobei.

Afterwards, he replenished some supplies in Qinglong City, asked his men to go to the military camp to find Chen Lian, and continued heading north.

Chen Lian: "You can stay in a small place like Dengzhou for several days. Why don't you go shopping in Qinglong City?"

Lu Xu: "Of course I want to go shopping, but I don't have enough time."

He wanted to make another trip before winter, but he had to hurry up.

Chen Lian laughed at him: "You deserve it. Who made you stay in Dengzhou for so long? If you ask me, if you have the money, you might as well buy a shop in Qinglong City. There are many people, it is safe, and I can help you look after it."

While thinking about what he wanted to buy on his next trip, Lu Xu said, "Qinglong City is too expensive, how can I afford it! Buying a shop in Qinglong City is enough for me to buy half a street in Dengzhou."

Chen Lian: "Qinglong City is impregnable, nothing comparable to Dengzhou."

Lu Xu: "Dengzhou is located in the south, so it is not so easy to reach Dengzhou County. We have defeated the barbarians, and we will be safe for at least the next ten or eight years."

But if the trade route goes well, he doesn't mind buying property along the way.

If you don’t use it yourself, you can rent it out!

Taking advantage of the fact that land prices were cheap just after the war, those big businessmen in the south with big businesses hadn't even stretched out their hands yet, so they bought whatever they could.

From Qinglong City to the north, the terrain becomes flat along the way, and sparse cultivated fields and village farmhouses can gradually be seen along the road. The people farming in the fields are very alert, but when they see the Daqi people coming from the south, they become very nervous. friendly.

Seeing their large caravan, some people would take the initiative to chat with them on the roadside and ask them where they were going.

Lu Xu asked if he could stay overnight, but almost no village would reject him. The enthusiasm made Lu Xu feel a little dazed.

It was Chen Lian who explained to him that from Qinglong Mountain to Qianjiao Ridge, there is an open land in Hong County and Yonggu County. This is not only the grain-producing area of ​​​​the entire Shuozhou, but also the main plundering area for the barbarians.

There are many mountains and little food in the south of Shuozhou. This area cannot be abandoned under any circumstances. However, this open land cannot stop the barbarian cavalry. Once the barbarians break through Qianjiao Ridge southward, Shuozhou will have to retreat to Qinglong City to defend and counterattack.

The people in Hong County and Yonggu County were unwilling to leave their hometown or failed to retreat in time. Sandwiched between the barbarians and Qinglong City, they became one of the main forces resisting the barbarians.

Lu Xu was surprised: "Common people?"

Chen Lian: "Well, people, our Shuozhou has a high terrain and cold weather. Rice and wheat cannot grow. We only harvest once a year. The barley, buckwheat, oats, and beans we grow are not as good as rice and wheat. If we harvest When we were robbed by barbarians, even if we escaped, we would freeze to death in winter and starve to death, so if Qinglong City is willing to accept them, they will not retreat."