Chapter 138 Regional Characteristics

Start from the beginning

Several people laughed.

But someone still explained to Lu Xu that Shuozhou is an important border town. The most important thing in the entire county is border defense. It's a small county with great value, let alone sending troops to suppress bandits, it would be better if you don't recruit troops from them.

Over and over again, Dengzhou has few able-bodied people, no garrison, few county government officials, and even the county seat is not enough. How can anyone come out to suppress the bandits?

It’s not like the county magistrate didn’t work hard. He had carried out several campaigns in the past, and he even joined forces with nearby counties to suppress them, but it was of no use!

As soon as the government chased them away, they burrowed into the mountains for more than half a year. They could afford it, but the government couldn't afford it. After several attempts, they didn't catch a few bandits, so they gradually gave up.

Anyway, the Dengzhou bandits are timid, they don’t kill people, they don’t rob local people, they don’t rob small traders who pass by...

The Dengzhou County Government chose to close its eyes. Hey, what can we do? We can only express our sincere regrets to Youxian Business Travel.

Not only that, the government and them even had a tacit understanding that they would never suppress bandits during spring plowing and autumn harvest.

When the weather is bad and there is a need to harvest and plant seeds, people will be sent to beat gongs all over the mountain to signal them to stop catching rabbits and feed mosquitoes on the mountain and come down to plant the fields!

Lu Xu was simply amazed.

There is water and soil on one side and people on the other. What a wonder!

Lu Xu asked: "Can't you think of some other way to make a living?"

They laughed awkwardly.

I thought about it and worked very hard.

After all, there aren’t many rabbits to catch on the mountain.

But Dengzhou is poor, and there aren’t many specialties that are worth selling. What they have, others have, and what they don’t have, others still have. Even if you are doing business, you can’t just buy and not sell, right?

They have no capital!

After thinking about it, aren't the only ones who can do it are these business without capital?

With the government turning a blind eye, those with pioneering spirit have set their sights on neighboring counties.

No, they just went to Baoshan to look for land, but they encountered that the garrison couldn't pay their wages, so they were all in Shuozhou County to suppress bandits?

Not to mention that all their family wealth was abandoned in Baoshan, they were chased by Chen Lian and others, and they all ran back to Dengzhou, but they were caught anyway.

These soldiers are so ruthless, more persistent than chasing rabbits!

They complained bitterly.

Lu Xu couldn't laugh or cry.

He thought that if he hadn't encountered bandits, he would have probably suffered a huge loss if he came in so recklessly.

His resentment towards Chen Lian and Wu Gang has subsided a lot.

The next day Lu Xu went to ask He Chengye on their behalf what to do with them.

When he asked, all the bandits pricked up their ears.