Chapter 131 Mountain Road

Start from the beginning

Rain and fog obscured their vision, and the guide couldn't point them to any mountain.

Lu Xu: "My mouth is dry from talking. I think we should cook and talk while eating?"

The mountain people also said they were tired, but they didn't object and even took the initiative to lead them to their kitchen.

Lu Xu asked someone to carry half a bag of rice over. This generosity shocked the two mountain people.

They couldn't help but feel a little jealous in their tone: "Rice? Do you all eat rice on weekdays?"

The person in charge of cooking also smiled bitterly: "How can you not! This was originally for sale by the owner, but the car overturned on the road and the rice got wet, so the owner let him eat it. You can't grow rice here, can you?"

The mountain people shook their heads: "You can't grow it on the mountain. There are few paddy fields in Chongning, and there are very few people growing rice down there."

As they talked, they talked about crops and the differences between Guanyang and Chongning while cooking.

Halfway through, Lu Xu wandered over to take a look at the food. He saw two children hiding at the door and peeking. He took out an oil paper bag from his pocket, squatted down and gave them the candy, "Would you like to eat?"

This candy was given to him by Twelfth Moon from his own snacks.

The candy mixed with some juice is not only sweet but also a little sour. It tastes very refreshing and has a beautiful color. Children love it.

On the way, Lu Xu ate the food by himself and divided it when he saw the children. The food was almost finished.

The two children looked at him shyly, took it and stuffed it into their mouths, and soon smiled at him.

Seeing that there were only a few pieces left, Lu Xu gave them all the remaining candies, "Take them and eat them."

The two children took it and ran away.

The man who was cooking saw this, and while adding more wood to the fire, he shouted loudly: "Tell your mother to take out the marinated meat."

After a while, the child pulled a woman in her twenties out, holding a pottery basin with a large piece of bone-in meat in it.

Judging from her appearance, she must be the mother of two children. She was wearing gray clothes that looked like they were adapted from men's styles. There were many patches on her trousers, and she had the same shyness on her round face as her children.

Seeing her come out, the man who was helping to cook greeted her: "Look at how many bowls and chopsticks there are in the house."

The woman nodded.

The man said shyly: "My wife."

There were only men present, and it was difficult for others to answer the question, so Lu Xu said shamelessly, "It's a perfect match!"

The couple both have round faces, and they look very much like a couple.

After he said that, the male host's face turned red and he lowered his head and laughed.

During the meal, Lu Xu got a bowl of rice for each of the two children, and they also ate the bacon from this family.

It was the first time for the two children to eat rice. They did not eat the vegetables even though they were holding the bowls. They ate the rice with every bite.

Lu Xu looked a little sad and gave them some meat.

He couldn't taste the meat, but it was a good workout for his teeth.