Chapter 107 Lantern

Start from the beginning

Before Lu Yong could refuse, Lu Xu put down the money and ran away.

Lu Yong picked up the money and couldn't help but curl up his lips. They didn't have time to go to the street to admire the lanterns today. After a while, they would buy some lanterns, half of them would be hung in the shop, and the other half would be taken home and hung in the yard.

After eating the Lantern Festival, Lu Xu did not delay Gouzi and the others from making money, nor did he ask others to help them take care of their children.

He put Lu Rui on his neck, Yuan Manniang held hands with Lan Yue and Lu Fu, Lu Zhou held Xiao Yu and Xiao Man, and Yan Junqi held Wen Zhen and walked at the end, looking after the front in case any little carrot head accidentally fell behind.

Lu Xu was in front, leading them towards the intersection of East and West Streets. There were many shops on East Street, where there was a lot to eat and drink, while West Street had bigger shops and large-scale lanterns. Most of the activities for guessing lantern riddles and winning prizes were concentrated on West Street, where performances were performed. They are all in the open space outside the North-South Street and the Yamen.

There are more and more people, and many people in the county go out to enjoy the lanterns after dinner. The usually quiet West Street also attracts a large group of people because of the prizes for lantern riddles.

Lu Xu took them to a shop on West Street to guess lantern riddles. Two reading men, Lu Zhou and Yan Junqi, became the main force and won dozens of pocket coins for their younger brothers and sisters. They also won a box of snacks. Lu Rui sat on Lu Xu's neck. On the way, he was covered in snack dregs.

Playing until late at night, the little carrot heads were so excited that they began to doze off one by one. Lu Xu led them to the inn.

The inn was still the same one he had stayed in before. He still owed one night's rent last time. When he came, Lu Xu paid back the money and booked two more rooms.

At this time, many people on the street dispersed. People from nearby villages went home with their lanterns, and those who lived in the county town and couldn't bear it also went home. Those who were still walking around in high spirits, only the energetic young people were left.

After passing an alley, Yuan Manniang, who had been coaxing the little carrots to go, suddenly stopped.

Lu Xu walked a long way, and Lu Rui turned around to call his mother. Only then did he find Yuan Manniang holding hands with December and they stopped at the entrance of the alley.

Lu Xu came back and looked into the alley. The fifteenth moonlight illuminated the alley silvery white. There was no one in the alley. It was empty. Only two people had lanterns hanging in front of their doors.

Lu Xu asked: "What's wrong?"

When he turned around, he saw an extremely nostalgic look on Yuan Man's face, "This is where your father and I met."

Lu Xu was surprised: "Here?!"

Yuan Manniang looked at the alley and smiled shyly: "Yeah!"

Not only did they meet here, Lu Ji also took her to see the lanterns in the first year of their marriage.

Her ancestral home is not in Guanyang, but in a small county far, far away. One year, the family was hit by a disaster and life could not survive, so her parents took several of their brothers and sisters and fled home.

She couldn't remember how far she had walked or how many days she had walked. She had spent all her money and everything she could sell had been sold out. Her brother was hungry and sick and couldn't walk. It was cold. They were desperate. Her parents were ruthless. Cruelly, he sold her and her sister.