Chapter 96 Buying New Year's Goods

Start from the beginning

They didn't dare to light a fire and had no firewood, so they found a remote place to kill the sheep, peeled the skin and cut the meat and ate it raw. Thinking about it to this day, the taste of blood is still in their mouths.

Later, I learned from the herdsmen to eat roasted mutton, but I only dared to light a small fire and roast it randomly. It was half-cooked and didn't even have a pinch of salt. But relying on sheep, they survived in the winter desert. Mutton and sheepskin are both good things. Without those sheep, they would have froze to death outside the border.

His eldest nephew was different. Although they had only known each other for a few days, this child's cooking skills were second to none among all the people he had seen. The food he cooked was more delicious than what he had eaten in the general's camp.

If it were him, he would definitely be able to make the mutton delicious.

Lu Qing thought for a while and asked, "Do you want to raise sheep?"

Lu Xu: "Think about it!"

Lu Qing: "It's not difficult. I'll find some for you when spring comes."

Lu Xu: "...Where to find it?"

Lu Qing: "Shuozhou. A surrendered barbarian tribe was moved to the north of Shuozhou. I know the place."

Lu Xu was stunned: "Are they willing to sell it to us?"

Lu Qing didn't take it seriously: "It has to be sold. They are short of food."

Lu Xu heard something was wrong now. Why is Lu Qing so familiar with barbarian tribes?

After asking, I found out that it was Lu Qing and others who escorted the barbarians from the west to Shuobei, and it was his previous army that was stationed to guard the barbarians now.

Lu Xu suddenly lost his words, "Then, then..."

He hesitated for a long time, and then he said something: "Is the guard familiar with you?"

Lu Qing didn't know what he wanted to do, so he said conservatively: "It's okay."

Lu Xu suddenly became excited: "Then let's go there next year to buy cashmere and sheepskin! Make waistcoats, coats, leather shoes, and knit sweaters. How warm it will be!"

He had had enough of cold hands and feet in one winter. If they hadn't been rich this year and had enough winter clothes and equipment, Lu Xu wouldn't want to go out at all.

He is such a handsome young man, but he is wrapped up like a cotton ball every day, and it is difficult to bend his elbows. How ruining his image!

Lu Xunian was talking about how good wool is. Grandpa Lu shook his head when he heard it. How many people in the village were reluctant to wear cotton? He was still too fat!

It was getting dark, and Lu Xu had to take La Yue home. La Yue played in the shop for a day, reluctant to leave with Xiao Man.

Lu Xu picked her up and said, "Grandpa, please close the shop early. No one will buy anything at this time."

Grandpa Lu asked him to leave quickly, lest he slip and fall when it was dark and he couldn't see the road.

There are a lot of black people in the sky right now!

Since they opened the shop, many people in the village no longer store a large amount of seasonings at one time as they used to. When it's time to cook, one family is always short of salt and that family is short of sauce. The end of the year is approaching. This year's harvest has been good. Relatives who served in the army have returned. Every household is more willing to eat than usual, and many people come to buy things before meals.