Chapter 91 Birthday

Start from the beginning

Yuan Manniang was combing her pigtails for the twelfth lunar month. When she heard the noise and opened the window, she saw that Lu Rui had turned into a snowman, playing with snow while throwing snow.

Yuan Manniang said angrily: "Lu Rui! Are your clothes wet?"

The smiles of the three brothers froze. Lu Xu and Lu Zhou quickly picked up Lu Rui and sent it to Yuan Manniang. As expected, Lu Rui got slapped on the butt again.

Lu Rui was not afraid. Yuan Manniang was gentle. He was still wearing thick cotton pants, so the beating was not painful or itchy at all, and he even wanted to play in the snow.

Seeing that Lu Rui was about to complain, Lu Xu turned around and ran away.

He first went to check the chickens and pigs, and put some wind-proof straw on the chicken pens and pig pens. In the twelfth lunar month, he put on a new smock, tied a new headband, and didn't wear a hat and ran to him.

The little girl blinked her eyes, and Lu Xu praised, "Whose little girl is this pretty?"

Lu Yue blushed and started to laugh.

Lu Xu tugged at her pigtails and whispered, "Follow me."

La Yue blinked and followed Lu Xu into his room quietly. Lu Xu dug out a small red cloth bag from the box. La Yue opened it and found that it was full of copper coins.

The little girl's eyes lit up, "That's a lot of money!"

Lu Xu: "The pocket money I gave you will be given to you every birthday from now on, and I will save it for personal use."

Gifts are so simple and crude!

If it weren't for the fact that La Yue was too young and the most popular thing in the village was copper coins, Lu Xu would have wanted to give her some money.

La Yue, who was just six years old, still didn't understand what private money was. Such a package was an astronomical amount to her. She counted and counted, and the more she counted, the less she knew how to spend it.

Lu Xu touched her head and said, "Let's go, brother will make you a cake!"

Lu Xu led La Yue to the kitchen like the wind.

Without milk and an oven, it was impossible to make a serious cake. What Lu Xu wanted to do was actually make cakes.

Steam the pumpkin, boil the red beans, blanch the spinach, squeeze out the spinach juice, mix one-third of the brown sugar water with the noodles, one-third of the spinach juice with the noodles, and the remaining one-third with rice noodles and flour, Lu Xu mixes the noodles well, Place them one by one in a basin to rise.

Lu Yue looked at each one curiously. Lu Xu was mysterious and asked her to guard the fire and take advantage of the cooking time to move the ladder up to the house to clear the snow.

The roof of his house hasn't had time to replace the tiles, and it is now thatched. If there is too much snow, the roof will collapse.

Lu Xu went up carefully and asked Lu Zhou to pass him a broom to sweep away the snow, remove the wet thatch, and add a layer of dry straw.

Stuff it in layer by layer and press upward.

Lu Rui was curious, and looked under him. Lu Xu didn't see him, so he threw it down. The straw rubbed his head and flew down, covering him with snow slag. Lu Rui covered his head with an "ah" sound, making December giggle. .

Lu Xu lowered his head and looked down. Lu Rui had already run into the clean snowdrift to play with the snow. He only saw Lu Zhou bending down to pick up old thatch and throw it all together, ready to be dried in the sun and burned for the New Year.