Chapter 75 Registration

Začít od začátku

Lu Wenle Diandian accepted the task and took Han Lu and the others out to play.

Lu Xu took Lu Zhou and La Yue to the county academy.

The county school is in a good location in the north of the city. This was originally a large open space where the previous county magistrate built a house, but before the house was built, it was transferred. Now that the county magistrate has come, this place has been idle, and now it has been given to the county school.

The large courtyard is divided into two parts. The inner courtyard is quiet and is used by scholars like Yan Junqi and others who are already qualified as children. The outer courtyard is slightly smaller and is used by students who need enlightenment.

If you want to enter a county school, even if you are an elementary school student, you need to have an interview first. The teacher will have to take a test to see your basic skills and character. If you don't have the slightest talent, they won't be accepted.

Lu Xu didn’t know if Lu Zhou could do it. He had already come, so there was nothing to be afraid of - it wasn’t a test for him anyway!

The gentleman who took the exam was in his forties. He had a long beard and spoke Mandarin with a slight southern accent. He was very kind, but his features and eyes looked a bit like class teacher Lu Xu. Lu Xu was a little scared and pushed Lu Zhou away. After going out, I took La Yue to stand in the corner.

Lu Xu was nervous, which made Lu Zhou nervous too.

The husband told him not to be afraid, and first asked him if he had read any books before. Lu Zhou was a little stumbled at first, and replied that he had read "Meng Lin", read a little "Suzhou Sutra", and memorized some poems.

The husband was surprised, "You read Suan Jing? Do you understand it?"

Lu Zhou shook his head honestly, "I don't understand."

The teacher laughed and asked Lu Zhou to recite two poems. Lu Zhou gradually became less nervous. After reciting the poem, he was asked about a few more poems.

The gentleman stroked his beard and nodded, and asked Lu Zhou to write a character. At first glance, it was obvious that he had no foundation, but fortunately, he still had a strong grip on the pen, and the characters were all written correctly, horizontally and vertically, and it was considered straight.

Lu Xu peeked from a distance and saw that Lu Zhou's writing was dark, stupid, and straight. He couldn't see any changes in the strokes, and he didn't know how much force he used.

The teacher couldn't tell whether he was satisfied or not, so he asked him again, "Why do you want to study?"

Lu Zhou was startled, and looked at Lu Xu subconsciously, but couldn't make up anything else for the moment, so he said honestly: "I want to take the imperial examination."

The gentleman is a little surprised. There are so many children of such age who want to take the exam for the top prize, but this is the first time he has seen someone taking the exam, "Why?"

Lu Zhou was even more embarrassed. He pinched the corner of his clothes and answered honestly with a red face, "If you pass the exam, your elder brother and younger brother will not have to do corvee service or military service."

Lu Xu was afraid that his husband would not like to hear this, so he wanted to help Lu Zhou add a few words. Unexpectedly, his husband laughed loudly, patted Lu Zhou's head with great pleasure, and praised repeatedly: "Well, very good, very good, then you You must remember your original intention, study hard, and don’t let your brothers down."

Lu Zhou was dumbfounded, and so was Lu Xu. The two brothers were stunned. It was La Yue who asked in a low voice, "Brother, what is a juren, and what is a corvee?" They were able to regain their attention from running away.