Chapter 74 Younger Brothers and Sisters

Start from the beginning

Lu Xu was puzzled. He said it was so clear. Why is this kid still not enlightened?

He put down the half-crushed chili pepper and asked inexplicably, "Why? Tell me why?"

"I want to take the Juren exam. If I pass the Juren exam, my eldest brother and Rui'er won't have to serve." Lu Zhou blurted out categorically, as if these words had been repeated in his heart tens of thousands of times. Even though he was timid and cautious, he could Say it loudly.

Lu Xu was stunned.

He could never imagine the reason.

Lu Xu: "How do you know that Rui'er and I won't have to do corvee service if we become civil servants?"

Lu Zhou: "You said it before, and Brother Jun Qi also said it."

Lu Xu didn't remember at all: "When did I say that?"

Lu Zhou did not answer, but said: "I don't want my brother and Rui'er to be like my father and Brother Xiaohui."

Lu Xu sat on the small bench and looked up at Lu Zhou, who was standing in front of him with a stubborn face. He could no longer grind the pepper.

He waved his hand, asked Lu Zhou to sit down next to him, and rubbed Lu Zhou's little head, "I didn't say that for you."

Lu Zhou looked up at him, "Brother Junqi can do it, so can I."

His tone was less confident again.

Lu Xu laughed and said, "Okay, then you can read it."

Lu Zhou was stunned.

Lu Xu said: "But as I said before, it's because you want to study that I let you study. As for whether you can pass the exam or not, it's up to our family."

Lu Zhou looked at him blankly.

Lu Xu: "I didn't let you study just to get you to take the exam. It doesn't make any difference to me whether you get the top prize or fail to get the top grade. Do you understand?"

Lu Zhou shook his head, not understanding.

Lu Xu chuckled, his silly brother was so honest, he probably wasn't a business person, so just read it, he can afford it anyway.

He pinched Lu Zhou's little face, which had gained weight recently, "I can't read anyway, and I hate reading. Since you like it, I hope you can read happily and read more. Understand more, study for fun, to broaden your horizons, and don’t study for the sake of being a candidate or becoming an official. If you study for the purpose of becoming an official, you probably won’t become a good official, and even if you pass the exam, you might as well not pass the exam.”

Lu Zhou seemed to understand.

Lu Xu let go of him, "If one day you really pass the exam, I hope you can protect one side like our county magistrate, and don't just think about me and Rui'er. That won't solve the fundamental problem, and it's too hopeless. Think more about Lu Wen, Lu Xuan, your brothers, relatives, fellow villagers, Guanyang, Longxing, and even all kinds of people you know or don’t know all over the world. Since you have ambitions, then set a big goal ambition."

Lu Zhou was confused, digesting a problem that was far beyond his scope.

Lu Xu waved his hand, "Go ahead and have fun. I'll take you there tomorrow to ask how to enroll in school."

Lu Zhou left, in a daze.

Lu Xu sat on the small bench and meditated. In fact, he was also in a trance.

He clapped his hands, ran to Yan Junqi's house, and said to Yan Junqi mysteriously, "Our family, Lu Zhou, wants to study and take the exam!"

Yan Junqi blinked and said not too surprised, "Oh."