Chapter 68 The exam is over

Start from the beginning

Lu Wen put the grass into his backpack and thought about it for a while before he figured out what Lu Zhou was thinking - Yan Junqi is a famous child prodigy in his village. He has been studying since he was three years old. Lu Zhou is not as smart as Yan Junqi and is now ten years old. , if Yan Junqi failed to pass the examination after studying for more than ten years, then Lu Zhou would not dare to study.

Now that his uncle is gone, their family relies entirely on his eldest brother to make money to support the family. With Lu Zhou's character, he would never let his eldest brother support him in studying for more than ten years.

Lu Wen suddenly felt worried for Lu Zhou.

Yes, his eldest brother is already seventeen. If the uncle had not died, he would have been old enough to talk about marriage. Nowadays, matchmakers often come to grocery stores to inquire.

In ten years' time, Lu Xu's family should be separated anyway. Even if the family is not separated, Lu Zhou is already twenty, the age to build a house and get married. How can his brother continue to provide for him to eat, drink and study?

Don't say Lu Zhou was embarrassed, it would have been embarrassing for him.

Lu Wen remained silent, hoping for the first time that Yan Junqi would do well in the exam and give Lu Zhou some courage.

In the examination room, Yan Junqi answered the questions unhurriedly.

There was no draft paper. It was difficult to regret once you finished writing. Even after typing the draft, you had to be careful every step when writing. He didn't write very fast. He took a breath, recited a sentence silently, and then wrote another sentence steadily. Focused, tense, and unknowingly nerve-wracking.

The sun began to set in the west, and it was time to hand in the papers.

Yan Junqi tensed up his nerves to finish. The moment he put down the pen, he felt that his whole arm was sore. It's more tiring than copying half a book.

He exhaled a breath, silently checked the paper, stood up and signaled to hand it in.

After handing in the papers, Yan Junqi signaled to go to the toilet and fetched water to wash his face. On the way back to the examination booth, he saw someone being dragged out in front of him. He didn't know whether he fainted in the middle of the exam or was sick and couldn't hold on.

Yan Junqi's mouth was completely dry after not drinking any water all day. He took out the kettle and water bowl from the basket under the bed and drank slowly.

The hot water had already gone cold. After the test, Yan Junqi felt a little cold. When the candles were handed out at Youshi, it started to rain lightly.

Candidates who had not yet handed in their papers hurriedly covered themselves with rain. The heavy rain showed no signs of letting up. Yan Junqi's shoes got wet, and the examination room became chaotic. Even though the examiner who was patrolling the examination scolded the examinees who had wet their papers, there was no hope for them.

Yan Junqi held up an umbrella and put all the clothes and food under it. He took off his shoes and put them on the bed board. The dry soil was splashed by the rain, giving off a fishy smell of soil. The candidates' desperate cries could be heard from all directions. He couldn't help it. Looking at the examiner, I wonder if the papers I have handed in have been wet by the rain.

Fortunately, it rained late and most of the candidates had already handed in their papers.

Candles were distributed in the examination room at night, but the examination tent had no roof and it was raining continuously, so the candles were extinguished within a short time.