Chapter 66 Exam starts

Zacznij od początku

Yan Junqi entered the third post. Because he was wearing a plain white cloth, any ink spots could be seen immediately. The inspecting officers and soldiers only asked him to take off his coat and shoes. After checking the inside and outside of the shoes, his hair, collar, cuffs, etc. Make sure he doesn't bring anything with you or cheat him, then let him pack the basket and go in.

Lu Xu looked around and saw two or three people entering the school yard from the room, and finally saw a flash of white clothes.

He waved to Yan Junqi's back and slowly lowered his feet, which were about to stand in a ballet pose. There were still two and a half days left.

At dusk the day after tomorrow, after handing in the papers, you can leave.

After sending Yan Junqi into the examination room, Lu Xu lingered outside for a while before leaving the school grounds.

Yan Junqi has an exam, so he has nothing to do. He might as well take a stroll and do market research.

The prefecture capital is not a big city that Lu Xu recognized, but its scale far exceeds that of Guanyang, and the cities and towns that serve ordinary people cannot be compared to Guanyang County.

He was the only one left. Lu Xu did not go to any high-end restaurants. Instead, he visited small shops in different streets, especially the snack bars with good business. He was particularly curious and wanted to see what people in the state capital usually eat. What, is there anything he can learn from?

In the examination room, Yan Junqi found his seat according to the exam number he had drawn and put his luggage away. His position was not very good, right under the examiner's nose. When he raised his head, he could see the examiner.

Yan Junqi calmed down and put his clothes and bedding on a simple wooden bed. He didn't intend to cheat anyway, so he would be stared at if he was stared at.

The bed for them to sleep on was made of old wooden boards and was only one foot above the ground. There was a uniform empty basket under the bed, and everything had to be put into the basket after the exam started.

The bed is only five feet long and two feet wide. It is quite narrow, and even a half-year-old child cannot lie down on it. Yan Junqi put the umbrella against the corner of the table, put the baggage on the table, unwrapped the baggage, took out the sheets and made the bed, put the basket of food under the bed, sat by the bed and closed his eyes to relax.

Although the exam will officially start tomorrow, no talking will be allowed from the moment you enter the venue. The guards who invigilated the exam were constantly patrolling the venue. If they saw anyone whispering to each other, they might kick them out of the exam room.

If the examiner discovers that two adjacent candidates know each other, they will have to draw lots again.

There is still half a day and a night, and there is nothing to do after entering the examination room. This is the most difficult time. Some people take out the ink to play, some people stare at the sky in a daze, some people simply lie down, and some people are uneasy and look left and right. Yan Junqi closed his eyes and recited the book silently. He was so idle that he simply counted the number of straws in the straw curtains that served as walls.

The examination room was quiet, and only the sound of candidates walking could be heard. Yan Junqi heard the candidates arriving on his left and right. The candidates who shared the same "wall" with him were probably nervous. Not long after they sat down, they started to scratch the bed board. Once they scratched, it lasted all afternoon and into the night. It was getting dark and I couldn’t stop scratching. The rustling sound is very annoying.