#7: DAD PROBLEMS

Naina

Naina

I have been working since morning, I'm really tired now. Thank God aarav suggested to drop dhruvika.

I locked the door and was about to go into my room to sleep when I heard the bell ringing.

Dhruv won't be home today, he called me to tell me he's staying over at his friend's house, so I wondered who it might be at this time.

I opened the door and it revealed a tall man with brown hair. As my gaze turned upwards, I saw a pair of brown eyes staring at me. It was my father. Why is he here? What does he want?

"Hello beta" he said while smiling at me.
"Why are you here?"
His smiling face suddenly turned into a frown.

"I cannot come in my own house?"
"It's not yours, it's my house"
"And you're my daughter Naina"
"I thought you clearly told me to get out and take my siblings with me that night, right?"

He came inside when I clearly didn't invited him but it's better to have a clear conversation. What does he wants now?

"C'mon beta, fights happen in every house, it doesn't change the fact that you are my daughter" he said as he made himself comfortable on my sofa.
I scoffed at his words.

"You left us at aarushi di's house in the middle of night"
"Well I was just angry"
"Whatever, I don't care. Just tell me how much do you need?"

"My daughter surely has my brain"
"Your brain? The whole company was something my mom made, don't you remember Mr. Malhotra?"

I could see the anger in his eyes.
"Give me $1 million"
I picked up my phone and transferred the money in his account.

"You should go now, your wife and actual daughter must be waiting for you"
"Stay in your limits Naina"

"You have too much ego for someone who begs me for money every 3 months"

He suddenly got up and grabbed my neck to choke me. I gasped and tried to push him away but it was of no use.

I saw a spoon on the table beside the sofa, I grabbed it and stabbed his hand several times. He left my neck and looked at me while jerking his hand. I coughed a little and looked at him.

"Don't forget even if you kill me you won't get my company, it's under dhruv and dhruvika's name"

He scoffed.

"Good bye my daughter, let's meet again"
"Get out of my house"

As he already got the money, he left without speaking a single word. The moment he stepped out, I locked the door and collapsed on the floor.

Tears formed in eyes as my breathing became heavier. I grabbed the fabric of my kurti near my chest as my heart clenched.

I picked up my phone and called abhimanyu. After a few rings he picked up the call.

"Heyy meri pyari Naina, mujhe kaise yaad kiya?"
"A-abhi" I couldn't speak properly because of crying.
"Naina? What happened?"
"He- he came-"
"Where are you?"

"H-home, abhi I n-need y-you"
"Me and rishabh are coming right now"

The call ended. I didn't had the energy to move so I just stayed right in front of the door while the tears were continuously falling from my eyes.

After sometime I heard the doorbell,I quickly opened it. I saw abhimanyu and rishabh with worry on their faces.

As soon as I saw them I threw myself on rishabh as he wrapped his arms around me while abhi rubbed my back. We came inside and I was continuously crying in rishu's arms.

"Rishu he- he tried to choke me"
"Shh, he isn't here anymore, you're safe now"

Abhi sat beside me and rubbed my back to calm me down.

"Shh Naina, hum dono aah gye hai na ab? Kuch nhi hoga ab tujhe"
After sometime I finally calmed down and told them what happened.

"Naina tu kyu de rhi hai abhi tk usse paise?"
"Rishi is right, just let him starve naina"
"Guys you know that company means a lot to me"

"We know Naina but he'll kill you aur agar tujhe kuch hogya toh dhruv aur dhruvi ka kya hoga?"

"Abhi is right Naina, dhruv toh chal thoda bada hai but dhruvi? Voh toh bachi hai, usko kon sambhalega?"

I stopped crying and tucked my hair behind my ears when abhi maybe saw my self harm scar on my wrist. He grabbed my arm.

"Naina? Kya hai ye?"

I turned to other side. I didn't wanted him to see it. Suddenly rishabh grabbed my face.

"Naina tu pagal hai?"

I closed my eyes as my tears escaped my eye. Abhi grabbed my face and made me look towards him.

"Naina sun, you have to stay strong, for dhruv and dhruvika, for us, for your life, hum hai na yaha, tujhe jb bhi gussa aaye na toh tu rishabh ko marr liya krna, okay?"

"Hn aur abhi toh hai hi apna all time punching bag"

"Oyee hello, punching bag tu hai mai nhi"

They continued to fight like kids and I chuckled looking at them.
Abhi looked at me while smiling.

"To see you smile na hum dono aise hi hamesha ladh sakte hai"

I smiled at them as I wiped my tears away.

"Thankyou guys"
Suddenly rishu frowned looking at me.

"Dosto ko thankyou nhi bolte"
I chuckled and nodded. They stayed with me for a while and then left.

"Koi problem ho always remember your Abhi and rishu are always here, okay?"

Abhi said as I nodded. They hugged me one last time and then left.

I saw the time and realised I have to go pick up dhruvika. I got ready and got in car to pick up dhruvika.

I was in front of her coaching, about to call her when I saw her coming outside. I got out of the car and waved my hand at her as she ran towards me.

She ran and threw herself in my arms. I would've lost balance if I wasn't standing in front of the car.

"Dhruvika, aaram se, kya hogya?"
"Kuch nhi didi"

I got confused. There's definitely something wrong. She tells dhruv everything but he has been busy lately because of his exams.

He doesn't even come home, he just stays over at his friend's place most of the time. She's scared of me so she doesn't tell me anything.

Aarav! Yes. I'll ask him to talk to her, she'll definitely tell him if there's anything wrong. I pulled out of her hug and we drove back home.

What do you guys think of this chapter??
Vote and comment 💗
Follow me on Instagram for updates