Chapter 64 Heading towards the exam

Start from the beginning

Lu Zhou shook his head: "I don't want to go."

Lu Wen snorted and said impatiently: "Okay, okay, if you don't want to, your chickens and pigs will starve to death if you go to your house. Lu Rui will have no one to care about you in the twelfth month. You are the busiest at your house anyway."

Lu Zhou: "..."

He pursed his lips and stared at Lu Wen, groaning: "I'm not like you."

Lu Wen: "I'm not like you, idiot!"

Lu Zhou clenched his fists and decided to ignore this idiot Lu Wen.

The boat passed Guanyang, and the big boat rented by the academy had left the port. Lu Xu didn't stay long. He only waved to Tan Shitou on the river and asked him to help take care of the house.

Tan Shitou shouted to reassure him, rowed a boat to catch up, and stuffed them with a basket of fruit.

After passing Guanyang, they chased until noon before they caught up with the academy's ship.

Lu Xu did not let the boatman catch up immediately. Instead, he kept a distance of about ten meters from the big boat, chased after it, and followed slowly.

From their boat, they could see the scholars on the big boat wearing similar scholar's robes sitting everywhere reading books, and could faintly hear the sound of reciting and discussing, quite competing against time.

Yan Junqi didn't read a book. He felt relaxed since he got on the boat. He and Lu Xu sat on the bow of the boat to catch fish.

In order to save money, the boatman lives on the boat unless necessary, so the cabin is fully equipped with clothes, daily necessities, and kitchen utensils, as well as fishing rods and nets. For daily meals, he cooks fish soup on the boat.

Lu Xu put the small fish he caught into a net bag, tied it to the side of the boat, gathered enough for half a pot, peeled and washed them all, and took them to the casserole at the stern of the boat to stew soup.

He baked a lot of cakes last night and packed a bottle of soy sauce and pickles, which was just in time for lunch.

Put the palm-sized cake on the stove and bake it. When it's hot, tear it apart from the middle and stuff it with slices of sauced pork, diced pickles, and cucumber slices. Lu Xu cut another apple and cut the apple slices very thin. Serving as tomato slices in burgers, it barely makes up for six nondescript burgers, two for each person.

A bowl of fish soup for each person, and that’s it for lunch.

It was the first time for the boatman to eat like this. It contained meat, vegetables and fruits, all put into a pancake. I don’t know how to eat it, but it was quite convenient to wrap it in oil paper and eat while rowing.

His relatives asked him to escort the second head of the Qiu family to the state capital. He was still a little panicked, fearing that Lu Xu would be like the Song family of the boat gang and he would accidentally offend someone. I didn't expect that the legendary second master was so young and had a very good temper. Not only did he cook, but he also shared it with him.

Lu Xu brought the fish soup to the bow of the boat and asked Yan Junqi to eat.

He was used to riding in boats. Even if Tan Shitou was as free and unrestrained as paddling randomly, he could still walk on flat ground. Yan Junqi was a little uncomfortable with it, and he didn't like to move much when he got on the boat.

Lu Xu asked: "Are you dizzy?"

Yan Junqi hesitated for a moment and shook his head.

Perhaps it's because his hometown is a dry area. Even though he grew up in Lujia Village and lived by the river since childhood, he still has difficulty overcoming seasickness.