Chapter 32 Documents

Começar do início

Selling sesame sauce by the way!

After the plan was made, Lu Xu stopped thinking about it and carefully calculated on the paper how much food and wheat he had left for his family, third aunt, fourth aunt, grandparents, and Yan Junqi's family.

"You can't survive until the autumn harvest if you keep these. Well...you have to keep some for emergencies and for the New Year." Lu Xu drew a few more lines on the paper.

He picked up the paper like a ghost drawing a talisman. No one but him could understand it. As if trying to see a flower, he picked up the pen and added, subtracted, multiplied and divided to figure out how many fried dough sticks he could make every day: "Calculating like this, I will go there every two days." I can sell fifty fried dough sticks and cold vegetables during one visit to Guanyang. If I come back early at noon, I can still open up wasteland in the afternoon."

Lu Xu commented smugly: "I'm really a genius!"

He folded the paper and put it back into Yan Junqi's drawer. He didn't notice that his ghostly drawing looked like a chicken mixed in with the swans. There was also a three-folded letter underneath. He was leaning on his chin and thinking. How to get food together: "Tomorrow I will go to the county to buy some dried vegetables such as kelp, fungus, and mushrooms. There are beans and bitter gourds in my vegetable garden, and my third aunt has edamame, cucumbers, luffa, gourds, and courgettes. I will also get some wild vegetables and buy some tofu. I don't know. Do you want any copper coins from the tofu seller... Are you short of paper and ink? I'll bring you some."

When the cold salad is ready, let everyone in the family try it first!

Yan Junqi was silent for a while, then suddenly said: "I will go with you tomorrow."

Lu Xu: "Huh?"

Yan Junqi took out the folded letter from the drawer and said quietly: "Go and write."

Lu Xu was stunned for a while and didn't react. Submit a letter? What book? He has no memory of the concept of ordinary people submitting letters.

Lu Xu: "Who is the letter to?"

Yan Junqi: "Your Majesty the County Magistrate."

Lu Xu strengthened his composure: "Let me see?"

Yan Junqi handed him the letter.

From the ancient characters and old sayings, Lu Xu could barely guess the general meaning: Yan Junqi wrote a "Letter to the County Magistrate" to reflect on Zaoli's corruption in collecting grain.

He stared at it for a while, maintaining his illiterate persona: "What is this written about?"

Yan Junqi explained to him sentence by sentence, and Lu Xu was torn between Yan Junqi's courage and literary talent, not knowing what advice to give Yan Junqi.

He asked: "You won't be caught writing this, right?"

Yan Junqi: "Since I have passed the Tongsheng Examination, even if I fail to enter the government school, I can still write to the local parents and officials to remonstrate directly."

At the beginning of the founding of the country, the imperial court encouraged the people to express their opinions directly in order to recruit talents. Ordinary people could write directly to the emperor, whether it was to discuss politics, recommend themselves, or complain to the emperor. Recommendations can only be submitted to the central government, but the local government still retains Bai Ding's right to submit letters to directly remonstrate, but ordinary people don't know it.

Lu Xu didn't know. He felt that Yan Junqi was too courageous.

Only officials sue the people, how can the people sue the officials?