Chapter 25 Debt-free and light-hearted

Почніть із самого початку

Lu Xu was drunk. The wine given by the shopkeeper was good. It was soft in the mouth, sweet and had a fruity aroma. It also helped him sleep without getting drunk. When Lu Xu woke up, he was already three in the morning.

He was awakened by the sunlight. He got up and ate without knowing what night it was. He went to bed early again and slept for three days in a row.

For three days, Lu Xu didn't go anywhere. He woke up at home every day, ate, and slept after eating, as if he wanted to make up for the sleep he had missed in the past two months.

The house was quiet, Lu Zhou and Lu Yue were whispering about suicide, and even Lu Rui was taken outside to play by Yuan Manniang.

Both Yan's mother and the third grandmother couldn't help but ask, "Isn't Xuwa sick?"

They still remember that Lu Xu couldn't afford to be ill last time and was ill for several days.

Yuan Manniang shook her head. This time she was not as panicked as she was last time. She was doing embroidery work calmly, sewing shoes and mending clothes for Lu Xu. In less than two months, Lu Xu had already worn out five pairs of shoes. "I'm not sick. It’s just that you’re tired, and you can make up for it after you’ve had enough sleep.”

Lu Xu slept so sweetly that when he opened his eyes, his bones felt weak. The last time I slept in seemed like a lifetime ago.

He stretched out and came out. The door of the house was closed, everyone had gone out, and there was no sound. Lu Xu got up and went to the kitchen to fill a bowl of water and drink it. Then he gnawed half a red bean paste bun, wiped his mouth and went up the mountain.

He was still alone, still on that hillside.

The weeds on the hillside are more lush, and the mountains in the distance are greener than last time.

Lu Xu took a deep breath, feeling extremely relaxed, and ran to the top of the mountain in one breath. Looking at it now, he felt that the wind was gentle and the clouds were cute. Even the endless mountain road was pleasing to the eye.

He ran around for a while, jumped up and down to stretch his muscles, then lay on the hillside with his arms spread out in a daze, thinking about nothing, everything was fine!

After a while, Yan Jun came up again.

"I came to your house to see you and saw you weren't there, so I guessed you were here."

"I'm fine, I just came to take a look!" Lu Xu bit a piece of dogtail grass, exuding laziness all over his body, "I feel like I have walked a long, long way."

Yan Junqi looked at the mountain road in the distance with him. The narrow mountain road stretched into the endless mountains, winding like a line. At that time, they could not see the road under their feet. When they came back to their senses, it felt like they had lived in another world.

Yan Junqi sighed: "Thank you for your hard work."

"It's quite tiring, but it's not hard!" Lu Xu jumped up and clenched his fists to show Yan Jun the muscles on his arms and the cloth shoes on his feet that were about to be worn out. “Although I am burdened with debt and have to get up before dawn every day, walk two hours on the mountain road to the county, and walk another two hours to get back after selling the goods, I feel so happy every day! I have made money. The money is Changkui! I made delicious Changkuai! I sell out the fried dough sticks and snails every day. Changkuai! I feel so happy when I see my mother Lu Zhou and the others relying on me and trusting me so much in the twelfth lunar month!"

Lu Xu's eyes were burning, looking at the heaven, earth, mountains and rivers and Yan Junqi in front of him, "And you Junqi, I have never been so fulfilled as now, I have never felt so important, every grain of rice I eat , every mouthful of rice is earned by myself! The meat is fragrant, the sugar is sweet, the air is so fresh, the scenery is so beautiful, your love for me is all true, Jun Qi, it’s great to meet you. ! Even if this is a dream, I am satisfied!"