Chapter 20 Returning

Start from the beginning

"I see Uncle San, go up and talk to my dad." Lu Xu asked Lu Zhou to give Lu You the basket containing fried dough sticks, "The fried dough sticks fried last night, Third Aunt and Xiao Xia haven't eaten all night, you guys Take it back and try it."

Coming down from the mountain, Lu Xu saw that Lu Zhou was not in high spirits, so he took him to the river to pick reed leaves, and he had a whim to make some rice dumplings.

I have dried dates at home, add some sugar, they taste sweet and I feel good.

Lu Zhou had almost collected all the reed leaves that were easy to pick on the shore. Lu Xu went to sell snails and had many reed leaves. Lu Zhou came to the river to pick up snails and reed leaves when he had nothing to do, and kept them for him.

Lu Xu stood in the water picking leaves, while Lu Zhou put them into the basket and skillfully looked for snails on the rocks. Lu Xu felt soft-hearted and could not help but tease him.

Lu Xu: "If you pout your mouth higher, you can tie the donkey."

Lu Zhou pursed his lips and denied, "I didn't."

Lu Xu: "Zongzi are delicious and can be sold for money. When I make money, I'll buy you candies."

Lu Zhou: "I don't eat sweets."

Lu Xu: "Then what do you want to eat? I'll buy it for you."

Lu Zhou squatted by the river, raised his little face and said, "I think..."

He clenched his hands, paused for a while and said, "I want to help you make money."

Lu Xu tilted his head, feeling that he was not telling the truth, "Then think about it. After today, I won't buy you anything you want."

Lu Zhou's eyes darkened, but he nodded, "I don't want it."

Lu Xu was speechless, wondering what else was going on in his little mind. But Lu Zhou became stubborn, his mouth was like a clam shell, and he refused to ask questions.

Lu Xu took him to play by the river for a while, making Lu Zhou wet before leading him home.

As soon as they entered the house, Lu Hui led Xiao Yu and asked them to go to his fourth uncle's house for lunch at noon.

The third uncle and the fourth uncle had been away for several months without even sending a message back. The old lady was worried every day, for fear that something might happen to them again. But this time they came back safely, and the old lady felt much better.

After Lu Zhou changed his clothes, the whole family went there together. It is rare for a large family to get together. The fourth uncle went to the town early in the morning to buy wine, meat and vegetables. The fourth and third aunts brought Han Lu and Xiao Xia to make a table dishes.

New Year's Eve, but that's it.

At the dinner table, when the third and fourth uncles talked about it, they realized that the canal had not been completed yet, but the court was afraid of delaying the farming season, so they let their farmers from other counties come back to harvest in the summer. They only arrived in Guanyang yesterday evening. Those who had traveled a long way were forced to live in a post house. They could not afford to live in a hotel, and they were reluctant to spend money to rent a boat. They discussed with others from the same village and walked back together through the mountain road in front of Guancheng Gate.

"Why is my mountain road so easy to walk? It turns out that Xuwa repairs it every day." The third uncle thought that Lu Xu took the mountain road to save money, and felt guilty and pitiful.

Speaking of the joke last night, the third uncle and the fourth uncle praised Lu Xu for being smart and bold, but Lu Xu was modest, "It was Jun Qi who asked me to light the torch and go over to have a look, and it was he who guessed that it wasn't a Bandit, or Jun Qi." Qi is great."