Yan Junqi was even more embarrassed.

Lu Xu muttered that it was no wonder he couldn't understand what he was studying. Yan Junqi could think of so many things when he heard him talk, but he didn't think of it when he saw it. When Lu Xu looked at Yan Junqi again, he felt that Zhong Ling Yuxiu was a talent.

He stared at Yan Junqi's forehead, and said in awe: "Junqi, you must study hard and don't waste it."

Yan Junqi blushed, "No."

Lu Xu: "By the way, how is your calligraphy practice? I passed by the shopkeeper of the bookstore and asked me."

Yan Junqi took out a few rolls of paper manuscripts from the basket and gave them to him, "I have written in seven fonts. Could you please show it to the shopkeeper?"

Lu Xu took it over and looked at it, admiring it even more.

Yan Junqi has good calligraphy skills. He practices calligraphy on the ground all year round and helps his family with farm work. He has strong hands and can write freely and smoothly, with smooth flow. Lu Xu said that he copied books. In the past few days, he imitated manuscripts and practiced official and carving styles. , upright, square, and neat, as if it were carved, but it looks more comfortable than being carved.

Lu Xu was amazed, what is a top student? This is the academic master.

Lu Xu praised, "Jun Qi, I think you can make a living even by selling calligraphy and paintings on the street."

Yan Junqi shook his head modestly, and said sincerely: "I don't know how to draw."

The paint was too expensive, he couldn't afford it, and he never painted.

Lu Xu: "It doesn't matter, you'll get used to it with practice."

He can also click on simple drawings, Yan Junqi can definitely do that!

Lu Xu's little abacus crackled: "When I get rich, I will build a new house, whitewash all the walls, and paint them all for you!"

Yan Junqi thought about it and couldn't help but also yearned for it. He nodded and said with a smile: "Okay."

When the time comes, he will ask Yan Junqi to compose poems and paint murals for him, which are both literary and elegant, high-end and classy!

They both looked at each other with smiles in their eyes.

Lu Xu thought very happily, and said: "Think about it, tell me what books you want to read, and I will borrow them from the bookstore. This way you can make money by copying books and read new ones at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone!"

Yan Junqi asked: "Is it possible?"

Lu Xu shook his hand: "What else can't be done?"

He had seen the handwritten books in the bookstore, and the handwriting was neat, but he had never seen anyone write better than Yan Junqi. He had thought about it, Yan Junqi was so smart, and it was the time to study hard and prepare for the exam, so he could not waste time copying scripts. If someone asked him in high school, "When he was young, his family was poor and he had to copy books to make a living" and "He was young. Sometimes I copy scripts and sell them for money." It sounds different. How can the reputation of copying scripts be as good as copying books of sages?

Yan Junqi thought about it, copied the book he wanted to read on a note and handed it to Lu Xu.

This is what he heard recommended by others when he took the children's entrance examination back then, but he had no money and could not borrow it.