Chapter 9 Confusion

Start from the beginning

Yan Junqi thought for a while and nodded.

Lu Xu: "Then I will go to my third uncle's house to borrow a cart for you next time."

Yan Junqi asked: "Aren't you going?"

Lu Xu makes quite a lot of money selling snails.

Lu Xu grinned, "I plan to go to the county to sell it, and I'll go there tomorrow."

Yan Junqi was stunned for a moment, with some admiration.

Lu Xuwu said to himself, "Sell it more expensively, make more money, and buy back the land my family sold as soon as possible." After saying this, he felt a little disappointed, "I don't know if it can be done."

The two new family pillars looked at each other and ate snails in silence.

The wick was almost exhausted and the lamp flickered. Lu Xu clapped his hands and pinched rushes from the basket by the window. The light in the study was uncertain. Yan Junqi suddenly said, "I don't want to study anymore."

"Why?"

"I took the junior high school exam twice, and I just passed it last year. I don't know how many times I have to take the college exam. After passing the college exam, there are still autumn and spring exams..." Yan Junqi's eyes showed endless confusion. . When he was young, he only thought that he was smart and reading was interesting, so he should study and become an official to serve the country and his family. However, after studying for a long time, he realized that the sea of ​​learning is endless and the road to scientific examination is long. How many people use the efforts of the whole family to spend their whole lives? Unable to pass the exam.

What's more, books are expensive and paper is expensive, and it's even more difficult to study in a farm family. His father has passed away and Wen Zhen is still young. From now on, the whole family will rely on his mother's embroidery to make money to support the family. He can't continue studying!

"I can weave banquets. Although my craftsmanship is not as good as my father's, I can get by if I weave slower. When I save some money and my family's life becomes easier, I can support Wenzhen in his studies."

Lu Xu didn't say a word. He thought it was okay not to like reading. He didn't like reading either, and he wasn't interested in studying. His family didn't expect him to study, but he didn't like reading because he couldn't learn. After a lot of hard work and a teacher who came to his home for one-on-one tutoring, he managed to squeeze into the middle.

But Yan Junqi is different.

With military conscription and corvee conscription in successive years, the common people are in panic and their lives are not safe. Who has the heart to study? There are less than five scholars in the six villages in Yinma Town, and the only one who has passed the Tongsheng Examination is Yan Junqi. Forget about the school, there is none! You have to go to the county for enlightenment. Yan Junqi didn't even have a teacher. He was completely self-taught. If he could pass the Tongsheng Examination, wasn't he a genius? !

And how old is Yan Junqi? He will be fifteen in a few months! The first time I took the exam, Tong Sheng was only twelve years old, and last year, he was only fourteen! At such a young age, he dared to carry his own baggage to take exams in the county and prefecture. He was quite nervous to participate in a competition outside the school in high school. Yan Junqi was much better than him no matter what.

He was still bitter about his failure to get into a second-level university. How sad was it that Yan Junqi had such a good talent and gave it up like this?

Lu Xu said: "I remember hearing your father say that you were only three years old when you were fleeing from famine. The scholars in the same car read poems and you could memorize them after reading them once. They only taught you once and you could write your name. They were very surprised. , repeatedly praised you as a genius, taught you to read Mongolian books on the road, and you learned to memorize them in half a month. They gave you two volumes of books before leaving, and you hugged them to your belly every day. Only then did your father decide that he must provide you with education. . Wen Zhen is also three years old. If you teach him to read poems, will he be able to memorize them after listening to them once?"