Chapter 7 A big family

Start from the beginning

The two brothers wanted nothing but land, so Lu Yu took the initiative to ask his parents to live with him and let him take care of them in their old age. Lu Xu’s grandparents still live in the old house.

All in all, the Lu family is quite harmonious.

Lu Ji died while working as a corvee. Old lady Lu fell ill when she heard the news. She lay in bed for more than a month without getting better. The family did not tell the old lady about Lu Xu's illness, for fear that she would not be able to bear it.

Lu Xu has also been reluctant to come. Mainly, he had better not worry about it. When he thinks of his grandma, she is still the one holding a stick to help him drive away dogs and geese, scolding his father for being a jerk, and comforting him that it's okay to not study well. They She is a lively old lady whose three generations in the family have not studied well.

Xiaoman called Grandpa when he entered the door, bringing Lu Xu back from his thoughts.

Lu Wuzhu was chopping firewood in the yard. He had injured his leg a few years ago and was lame. He couldn't walk fast. He didn't want to go out and make people laugh, so he wove baskets at home and chopped firewood. He was thin and not tall, but he was very energetic. He is also very strong. He weaves rattan baskets out of old vines. The baskets are large, strong and square. They can carry grains, build houses and transport rocks without being crushed. He also chops firewood neatly, as if the lengths have been measured. , stomping neatly against the wall.

Seeing them coming, he put down his ax and told them to play by themselves. He limped towards Lu Xu with a tight mouth. He grabbed Lu Xu's shoulders and wanted to say something, but said nothing. He muttered a few times and patted his shoulders. , "Okay, ah, be okay."

Lu Xu thought of his grandfather.

His grandfather didn't like to talk either. He was busy cooking all day long. He made noodles for banquets. If others gave him meat, he would take it home and simmer it in a pot. When they came back from school, he would share it with his cousin. Later he stayed while his cousin went to college. When he came home on weekends, his grandfather strolled to the entrance of the village to pick him up. He took his schoolbag and took him to the small supermarket in the village.

If you look closely, you can see that his two grandfathers look nothing alike, but their eyes are similar.

Lu Xu's already bruised shoulder was so painful from being slapped that it made him shed some tears, but he quietly endured it, his heart sore and blocked, and he pursed his lips and nodded muffledly.

Lu Wuzhu patted his back again. This time he was able to control his strength and patted him softly on his back. "Go in and see your grandma."

Lu Xun said, opened the curtain and entered the room.

The old lady was lying on the bed, sleeping heavily. When she heard the noise, she opened her eyes and saw him. She vaguely called him "Xu Wazi" and sat up on the edge of the bed. Lu Xu sat over and the old lady held his hand and shed tears. , shouting "My miserable baby" in his mouth.

Lu Xu didn't know whether she was talking about him or his father.

When I think about the old lady losing a daughter when she was young, her second son dying in a war, and her eldest son dying outside, I feel that it is the old lady who is really suffering.

Three of the children she had worked so hard to raise were less than sixty years old.

Even the eldest grandson has changed his stuffing...

Lu Xu lowered his head and looked at the two hands holding his. They were thin and wrinkled. They had been doing farm work for many years, and their hands were covered with calluses or tiny cuts, even the hand lines were scratched.