Chapter 6 Going to the market

Start from the beginning

Lu Xu and Yan Junqi crowded around and set up a stall in front of a medicine shop.

The drug store manager stood behind the counter and looked up, "Hey, hey, don't block the door!"

Lu Xu replied, "That's not possible, don't worry." He helped Yan Junqi untie the rope and set up the table, put down the basket, scooped half a bowl of fried snails from the jar and brought it to the medicine shop, "Try the home-made side dishes to go with wine."

The shopkeeper of the medicine shop was happy, thinking that this half-grown boy is really good at being a good person. He lowered his head and saw that it was a snail, and it was not an expensive thing. He asked the waiter to go to the back and get a bowl to put it in. "Which village boy are you from? I don't think I have seen you before."

"It's from Lujia Village. It's my first time here to sell it. I promise you to take care of it."

The shopkeeper nodded, picked up the snail and tasted it. He looked stunned, then pinched another one and tasted it, "You put dried peppers in it."

"right."

"How do you get that dry pepper flavor?"

Lu Xu smiled, "Exclusive secret recipe, how to make this spicy food, I am the only one in our county. To be honest, I just want to make a little money from this. How about you buy some more?"

The shopkeeper Le, a boiled snail has become a rare treasure, "Why don't you tell us that you are the only one in Daqi?"

Lu Xu said without shame: "It may be true, but I have to be humble."

That’s how humble you are! The shopkeeper smacked his tongue. He could probably taste what ingredients were put here, but these ingredients had an extra flavor that was not usually available, like cooked oil, but how could the cooked oil be mixed with the spicy and spicy sauce? He wondered for a moment I don’t know how this kid’s family cooks. “How much does a bowl cost?”

Lu Xu replied loudly: "Wu Wen, help me open it, and I will give you half a bowl more."

Just such a big bowl and a small bowl, tsk, the shopkeeper groaned, "Let's have three bowls."

Lu Xu opened his first business.

But things didn't go so smoothly later.

He sold a portion of fried snails, and the empty seats near the medicine shop were filled. They also happened to be sellers of vegetables, grains, and firewood. They all made hard money. A small bowl of snails cost five cents, and no one wanted to eat it. .

Nowadays, the price of everything has increased. A bundle of firewood only costs 30 cents, and a handful of picked wild vegetables only costs 5 cents.

"A pound of brown rice only costs ten cents, and a pound of ground coarse flour only costs fifteen cents. Your snails are boiled with gold. How dare you sell them so expensively?"

"They sell fish at the pier. The small fish are as big as two cents a piece, the small fish are one cent a piece, and there are still fish that are one cent or two. There is meat in them when they are boiled. How can you get meat in a snail like yours?"

Lu Xu only smiled, "That's different. My snails are cooked with expensive ingredients. You can't eat them elsewhere with my secret recipe."

Others didn't like him, so they opened their mouths to criticize him, "They sell meat buns by the pier, and they only cost five cents each."

Lu Xu said: "If you buy snails for five cents, there will definitely be more meat than in the buns."

"It's pork!"