Chapter 4 Storybook

Start from the beginning

Another child ran over and asked, "Would Wulang go to catch crabs?"

His brother: “I want to mow the grass.”

Lu Xu sighed. Even a ten-year-old child had to cut grass, feed chickens and pigs to shoulder family responsibilities, and his heart became even heavier.

He walked over and asked Lu Zhou for the sickle, "I'll cut the grass for you, and you go play with them."

Lu Zhou shook his head.

Lu Xu did not insist. Lu Zhou had been very perseverant since he was a child. He was willing to do it, and Lu Xu did not stop him. He found a flat stone next to him and sat down sadly, holding his chin and watching his brother mow the grass.

Lu Zhou’s work is very pleasant to watch. He cuts a handful of grass, arranges it neatly and bundles it, and then puts it into the basket. The basket is also neat and tidy. If it is too long, fold it in half, and if it is short, bundle it into the core. You can see how much it is. Some obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Before the basket was full, Lu Zhou couldn't bear it anymore. The child was thin-skinned and couldn't bear the supervisor sitting next to him. Lu Zhou walked to him with the sickle, thought for a while, sat down next to him, put the sickle at his feet, and watched under his eyes to ensure that he would not be taken away.

He asked, "Brother still has a headache?"

Lu Xu: "It doesn't hurt anymore."

Lu Zhou: "Then, brother is unhappy?"

Lu Xu was quite unhappy. With his experience, who could be happy if he let go? He lived like a coward in modern society and ended up in a situation where he might not be able to eat at any time. He was so sad that he wanted to cry: "I'm just a little annoyed and a little lonely."

Looking around, no one understood his pain.

Lu Zhou's face tightened, his brows furrowed, and he stopped talking.

The two brothers each stared at the rushing stream and expressed their own worries.

After a while, Lu Zhou asked, "Brother, do you still want to be an apprentice in the county?"

Lu Xu: "Huh?"

Lu Zhou made a major decision and said solemnly: "Brother, if you want to go, go. I will help my mother take good care of Xiao Rui. will take care of everything. Brother, don't worry."

Lu Xu: "..."

Seeing his serious expression, Lu Xu's mouth twitched. He put his palm on Lu Zhou's head and rubbed it until Lu Zhou's neat hair was rolled into a chicken nest. He patted his butt with satisfaction and stood up, saying angrily: "Mow your grass!"

Leaving Lu Zhou confused, Lu Xu strolled to the edge of the field and looked at the only two acres of land his family had left.

In my memory, his father was a very hard-working man. He plowed the land and fertilized, and never missed the farming season. The wheat he planted was neater than others. The wheat planted last year has now sprouted awns, and it looks like a sea of ​​​​green as far as the eye can see. How soon will be the harvest season.

"Da Lang came to see the wheat? Are you feeling well?" Li was taking his son to weed in the field and saw him saying hello from a distance.

"Okay Grandpa." According to the seniority in the village, Li is the clan leader and the eldest among his grandfather's cousins. They all have to call him Grandpa. When their family was anxious to use money to sell their land, Li Zheng bought their land without lowering the price.