Dear Katsuki Pt.1

Requested by NomiTheSimp

Bakugo x reader - Soulmate AU

Hi all <333333

As promised, this is the Pt.1 of another requested oneshot! I was inspired by for this one, so its going to be a multiple parter.😂

Hope y'all enjoy! <333

The red string. You had always had it. Wrapped around your left ring finger, flowing into nothingness. It waved and warped, occasionally tugging for you to move, to follow, to find, to search. A red string that you had been given, like most, at the age of fourteen. However, when a red string forms on an individual, their soulmate was supposed to be found within three months. You now, were sixteen, still hadn't met your soulmate. Your string, rather than lengthening across the world to your soulmate, faded into transparency, Each time you looked at it, your heart stung and your mood fell.

On the other hand, you had been able to distract yourself with various shows, particularly the anime My Hero Academia. You loved the colourful character design and heartfelt stories, plus the assortment of attractive people in the show certainly didn't hinder your viewing enjoyment. Specifically the hero Dynamight had caught your attention before you even watched the show. His ash blonde hair and cocky smirk was what you had noticed first, only for his kind heart and aggressive care to win over your heart entirely. You smiled at the MHA poster you had on your wall, trying to ignore the glaring empty page of questions in your calculus textbook.

"Y/N!" Came your mother's voice from downstairs, "Macy's here!"

You sighed, "Coming!"

You slipped into your Shrek crocs and pulled your Spongebob Oodie off, showing your Gojo Satoru T-shirt. You stomped down the stairs, passing by the family photos of you, your older sister Kaylee, your big brother Makoto and your parents. You grabbed the final bannister and slipped down onto the floor,

"Naruto!" You yelled down the hall, waving at your red-haired friend who was still in the doorway.

"Sasuke!" Macy screamed back at you, charging you into a hug. (If y'all know this reference, besties rn!😂)

You screamed as you bent backwards from the momentum, "Macy, I'm gonna break my back!"

Macy let go and jumped up and down excitedly, "Y/N!!! We're finally going to see the new My Hero movie!"

You smiled, barely matching the energy of your neighbour and bestie in front of you.

"I know! I can't wait!" You responded, grabbing her arm and walking towards the door.

"Make sure you're back by 11:00!" Your mom called from the kitchen, popping her head out the door,

"See ya mom!" You waved back, rolling your eyes.

"Come on, let's go!" Macy shouted, grabbing your arm and pulling you out the door and down the street.

"Macy, we're trying not to die today!" You yelled back as you dashed across the rode, dodging cars and bicycles.

"Oh come on, live a little!" She smiled in response, laughing as another car whizzed by you both.

"We can't live, if we die being run over!" You responded, rolling your eyes and shoving Macy onto the oak-lined side-walk.

"Watch where you're going, kid!" A driver yelled out his window, flipping you off.Macy responded in an equal manor, "Watch where you're driving!"

"Macy!" You cried, slapping her arm.