Chapter 12

Chapter 12 - Semi- Finals  

Trent's POV 

Well we had made it. Semi Finals. Sure we had a bit of a rough week last week with getting into the bottom two and all but we had made it! Last week had been quite eventful with us being in the bottom two, zachiss breaking up and the amount of pressure we had now that we had to perform 2 songs on the night rather than only one but we were determined to at least get to the grand final. 

This week was going to be busy too. We had to practice heaps and nail all our bits.  

What was amazing though was Katie was here. I haven't seen her since... after my audition which was months ago so it was amazing to see her again. Of course I was still good friends with Demi and Phobia but Katie was always going to be my best friend.  

Once again, we were in rehearsals. Zach was depressed. He had been moping this whole week because of Fliss. Honestly I never thought that they'd break up because they seemed to be so in love with each other. They were always having really cute twitter conversations or talking to each other on the phone about how much they loved each other. I still can't believe Fliss would do something like that. If she wants to get him back she's going to have to do some drastic.  

Zach's POV 

Life is pretty depressing when you find out your girlfriend had cheated on you. At the moment, the only thing keeping me from not killing myself is the fact that I'm on XFactor following my dreams with 4 of my best mates. The boys, thankfully have been really supportive over this time even with the whole "Zachiss" drama but I still haven't gotten over it.  

At the moment, I'm not hearing anything. I just feel like existing. Not living. Just existing. Whatever Ronan is saying I really can't hear. I just want to drown out everything and just wallow in my sorrow.  

"Zach. You're going to do the first two lines of Apologise." What? 

"No I can't. I'm sorry. I don't think I can." I tried arguing. I think everyone was surprised when I replied since I hadn't really said much lately.  

"I believe you can do it, Zach." He said. I nodded, lacking confidence 

"Ok." I said simply, not really wanting to though. 

Monday Night 

Zach's POV  

We were backstage waiting, and then the video came up of our week... except it wasn't of our week. It was Fliss.  

"This is quite embarrassing but I'm up here today because I wanted to apologise. As many of you know, I ch-ch-cheated on my boyfriend Zach Russell. I just wanted to Zach to know that I love him so much. I never meant for it to happen and I just really hope you'll forgive me." She said, and then the video faded. What had just happened? 

I could hear murmuring in the audience, as they tried to work out what happened. Everyone's face had confusion written all over it.  

The boys all looked over at me as if they were worried about me while I just stood there with my mouth wide open.  

Clearing my head a bit, I walked on to the stage followed by the others. 

"This song is to Fliss." I said before the music started.  

I'm holdin' on your rope, 

Got me ten feet off the ground. 

And I'm hearin' what you say,