Chapter 9

Chapter 9  

Trent's POV 

We were standing backstage waiting to perform. It was Week 6 of the live shows and we were performing Lego House. I guess it was finally a song that was quite recent. All the other songs we've performed, except Domino, have been quite retro so to be able to perform a fairly recent song would be good as it would show that we are able to perform recent songs as well as older songs.  

Once again, the announcer said it was us and we got on stage ready to perform.  

I'm gonna pick up the pieces, 

And build a Lego house 

If things go wrong we can knock it down

My three words have two meanings, 

There's one thing on my mind 

It's all for you

And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm 

If you're broken I will mend you and I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love 

I'll pick you up when you're getting down 

And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now 

I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind 

I'll do it all for you in time 

And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now

Don't hold me down 

I think my braces are breaking, and it's more than I can take

And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm 

If you're broken I will mend you and I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love 

I'll pick you up when you're getting down 

And out of all these things I've done I will love you better now 

Once we'd finished performing and the judges had given us their feedback, we quickly headed backstage. This week it had all been quite good feedback except Guy who said that our harmonies were a bit off but I guess we just need to keep practicing so we can get better.  

My head flew up as I heard a knock on the door.  

"Boys? Are you all decent?" I heard someone say.  

"Yep! Come in!" I called out. The door opened slowly and in walked the manager of the show and a short young girl with long, straight brown hair and chocolate brown eyes followed him into the room.  

"Boys, this is my daughter Demi. She's your age, Jayden and she's a big fan of The Collective." the manager said, introducing his daughter who blushed lightly, her olive skin turning a light shade of red.  

"Um... Hey guys!" she said, waving at us.  

"Hi! Well I'm assuming you know who we are." I said to her. 

"Yep. Trent, Julian, Jayden, Will and Zach." she said, pointing at each of us as she said our names.  

"Spot on!" I said, laughing.  

"Haha Hi-5!" she said, lifting up her hand for a hi-5. I lifted mine and met her hand. I looked over at the other boys. Julian was on his phone... probably DMing Chloe. Jayden was on his phone too... probably texting Libbi. Will was talking to someone on his phone... probably Caelyn and Zach was also on his phone.... probably having a cute twitter conversation with Fliss.  

"Well... it looks like it's just you and me!" I said to her. "The others are too preoccupied with their girlfriends." I said. She laughed a little and then smiled.  

"I'm fine with that! You're actually..." she started saying then stopped and blushed once again.  

"I'm actually what?" I said prompting her.  

"You're my favourite in The Collective." she said quietly.  

"Well I'm glad I am!" I said to her. "How about we keep each occupied while the other boys are chatting to their girlfriends." I suggested to her.  

"Yeah. Ok." she smiled.  

"How about we play 20 questions." I suggested. 

"Ok! You first." she said.  

"Ok. How old are you?" I asked her.  

"18. You?" she said.  

"22." I replied.  

"Full name?" she asked.  

"Trent Kenneth Bell." I replied. "Um... your full name?" I asked her.  

"Demi Theresa McCain." (A/N Made up name. Only true bit is the Demi bit) she replied. We continued for a while, getting to know each other better and from what I learnt, she seemed really nice. She was quite caring and sweet and once she'd gotten out of her shell, she was quite bubbly and funny.  

Time flew so quickly that when her dad came back to get her, it felt like it had been only half an hour when it had actually been 2 hours.  

"Demi! let's take a photo together quickly." I said, before she left. I got out my phone and we quickly took a selfie together before I gave her my number and she left.  

Katie's POV 

"Had an amazing night with my new bestie @ICONicDemi. Love you, girl!" Trent had tweeted, inserting a pic of them together. 

Not only had he forgotten about me but he had also replaced me.  

"MUM!" I called out, still staring at my laptop screen.  

"Yeah, Katie?" she asked.  

"Can you get me a plane ticket to Sydney? I want to go visit Trent!" I said to her.  

"Yeah sure, love." she said. I was going to go to Sydney and straighten out our friendship. I wasn't going to let him replace me that easily! He wouldn't even have met this Demi girl if it wasn't for me! I was the one that had convinced him to go. I stared at my screen a bit longer before replying to his tweet.  

"@KT2luvs1D: @TrentBell90 Bring it on." I tweeted to him. He probably would never read the tweet which was good. I was going to surprise him and his new bestie.  

Bring it on, Trent Kenneth Bell.  

A/N Well there's Chapter 9. It kinda sucks but hope you guys liked it anyways! Sorry for such a late update! Been really busy and I probably won't be able to update for another 2 weeks or so cause im going on holidays! Sorry! I'll try to update once I get back! 

Thank you, Rebecca