.:29:.

George kept quiet.. sniffling..

"When I was a kid, I was taken from my mother.... Only a few years after being born." Dream stared out the window.. his frown growing.
"I was taken by a bunch of humans and they clipped my wings..." he took a deep breath,

George listened to Dream as the blonde hugged him tightly.. he just laid there.

"I was in the same situation you were in.... I was always punished if I did something wrong." Dream went quiet, lowering his wings slightly.
"I was kept locked in a very small cage but eventually I escaped." He looked in the reflection of the window, staring at his scars.
"I escaped on a row boat... and I was eventually scooped up by a bunch of pirates."

George remembered that part of the story...he remembered Dream telling him.

"I told the captain what happened... and we eventually went back looking for my mother." Dreams tone soon changed to a quiet one.
"When I found her..., I found out the truth of what happened to her once I was taken.." he stared down at the floor.

George's gaze sorrowed, his frown growing.

"Humans murdered her when she tried saving me... and they cut her wings off to sell them." Dream lowered his wings.
"And since that day.. I swore I'd never let another human hurt what's close to me." He flicked his wings softly.

George's stared at the ground, he felt guilty for Dream.

"I've never met a nice human... so when I met a nice one- I didn't like it.." Dream continued too  softly mumble.
"I wrote those entries the first two days of knowing you... I didn't trust you." He took a deep breath.
"But once I got to know you and realize I have someone I can talk too- I stop using my journal."

George felt bad but.. he didn't trust Dream.
"Dream.. I really don't know what to d-" he was cut off when the boat firmly swayed to the side.

Dream quickly let go of George, backing up as he looked around.
"Shit shit shit-" he slid his mask over his face.

George looked around in a panic, soon looking at Dream.
"What's going on?!" He grew afraid.

Dream looked back at George.
"It seems your friends finally decided to show up," he flicked his wings as he began to rush.
"So you can make your choice is you want to leave or not."

George's eyes widened.. did he want to go back..?

"Make your choice George, and be quick about it." Dream made his way towards the door, flicking his wings.

"I don't wanna go.." George shook his head.
"I don't.." he hugged himself..
"I want to stay here with you."

Dreams gaze softened, making his way over.
"We will have a talk later, but for now." He softly grasped George's shoulders.
"I need you to stay here okay?"

George frowned.
"I'm sorry.." he rubbed his eyes.

"Don't apologize... it's okay." Dream soon cupped George's cheeks.
"Don't leave this room, got it??" He nodded his head.

George nodded his head.
"Will you be okay?" He grew worried for Dream as he rested his hands on both sides of the blondes mask.

"I'll be fine." Dream rested his hands on George's.
"But you need to hide." He nodded his head.
"Okay?"

George tilted dreams mask up briefly.
"I want to change my answer." He softly spoke.

"About what..?" Dreams gaze sorrowed.. did George want to leave.

George cupped his hands on both sides of dreams cheeks, pulling him down into a firm kiss.

Dreams eyes widened, shocked at the kiss before he pushed back into the kiss.
"Mm.." he flicked his wings briefly.

The two cherished there moments for a few seconds until the ship swayed again.

Dream quickly pulled away from the kiss-
"Fuck.." he glanced over his shoulder.
"As much as I want to continue this- I have to go."

"Don't hurt yourself." George backed up from Dream, interlocking his fingers together.
"I do want to talk about us afterwards."

Dream felt his smile grow as he slid his mask on.
"I'd like that, now hide." He back his way to the door.

George nodded his head, watching dream quickly leave the room.
"Be safe." He whispered.

.: Dream POV :.

Dream made his way onto deck, adjusting the sleeves of his trench coat.
"What in the hell is going on?!" He looked around at his crew.

He was extremely concerned.

"We have some friends trying to board us, captain." Sapnap made his way next to dream, flicking his wings briefly.
"I didn't have time to fly over and check, they came out of nowhere." He sighed.

"Of course it's when I was supposed to be on look out." Dream rubbed his mask... he couldn't exactly climb very well right now.
"Fuck." He huffed firmly.

"It's the merchant group.. I saw the flag." Karl perked up, walking up too dream and Sapnap.
"I think the hunter ship you burned down was apart of a group of others ships in the area." He gave Dream a worried look.
"And they followed our trail."

Sapnap didn't understand why that was bad.
"Okay..?" He crossed his arms.
"We can sink it."

Dreams feathered ears pinned down.
"No, We need to sail far away." He shook his head.
"Then the masts slightly, and have all sails ready."

"I don't understand.." sapnap tilted his head slightly.
"We usually fight...?" He huffed.

"This is different now Sapnap." Dream turned his head towards the avian.
"I'm injured, I can't help the crew- and we have George now."

"And?" Sapnap tilted his head to the side.
"Your point being....?" What was important about George.

"We cannot let George get taken by these people." Dream flicked his wings, scrunching his nose.
"These are bad people, if they get George it will not end well."

Sapnap had an unimpressed look.
"Really?" He let out a small scoff.

"Sapnap... dreams right." Karl looked over at Sapnap.
"I've treated George's wounds... I've seen what they are capable of." His gaze softened.

Sapnap looked between the two.
"What, are you saying they torture him or something??" He rested his hands on his hips.

Dream and Karl both went silent..

"Oh.. shit." Sapnaps eyes widened softly..

Dream was about to speak when the ship firmly shifted.
"SHIT-" he looked over, seeing the ship sail beside him.
"I guess we are fighting."

Total word count: 1078