At what price?

Dabi POV

I feel like we are significantly peeling away from our shy main character, Shimura. Oh well, we'll move on back to him anyway.

We were all as a class sitting down at our desks and chatting about jacksh*t. Most of it was about the work experience and heroes and other stuff. Eraser is here too but is just leaning on the wall, compensating with his life choices or whatever. Mirko was chatting to Shimura next to me, since her 'only reason' is that Keigo hasn't shown up. See what I mean, talking jacksh*t.

I'm too busy to talk anyways. At home, I'm doing my very own investigation on the issue I'm facing. I write in my notebook about a lot of things I know. I write about the portal, theorising that it wants me to take evidence from Afo, write about the scientist, write about all I know on Afo himself, write about the...

"Dabi!!!" Mirko yells and shakes me. Jesus, f*cking Christ. I look to her and Shimura asks "How was your work experience?" in a more kind tone. Did you like forget or something?

I close the book, making they overlook it as normal, and reply "It was okay".

Mirko tilts her head "After getting attacked by literal bird brain monsters?". Yes, actually, a very calm and coordinated experience that was.

I look to my side because I felt some eyes looking at me. Ooo, Eraserhead is eavesdropping on a students' conversation.

I ignore him as Shimura puts his hand over his mouth, guilty of forgetting what happened. Suddenly Mitsuki behind me pops her head between both our desks and asks "Mine and Mirko's pros actually went to a meeting about that!".

"Hmm" I reply and Mirko agrees "Yeah, apparently it was so private that our pros had to rush us out so we couldn't see who else was in the room!" smiling.

She carries on with "All we know is that Lady Jenny, Kamui Woods, Best Jeanist, Crimson Riot, Nezu and Sensei were there.". Oh, so Daiki and Keigo was there too.

"Hmm, y'know anything about them then" I ask. I wouldn't be surprised if at least half of them eavesdropped on that meeting.

"No," Daiki, who was next to me, overhearing "All I know is that a kid found out about where the monsters come from because before the thing, I overheard Kamui Woods was murmuring about it".

Suddenly that leads to a class discussion.

Kanji from all the way behind shouts out "That's so weird, how does a kid know that kinda stuff?". How the heck did he hear-Oh yeah, forgot, bear ears.

I shrug as I do and Eraser sighs. Did he think that I was gonna tell them the truth? Pffft, as if! Plus, it might get in the way of my investigation.

Fortunately for me, door slams open, revealing a frustrated and exhausted Keigo. Thank you for changing the topic, friend.

"Oh, there he is" I comment as he drops to his knees dramatically.

Eraser groans and gets up saying "What took you so long, Takami?" helping the other up.

Everyone's attention is grabbed by this and Keigo replies in a grumbling tone "That sophomore, Sagi-shi, he won't let me have just a tiny bit of hero gear I need, unless I pay his absurd price!!!".

"How much?" Kanna asks curiously. I take a sip of my water from my bottle. Surely it can't be that much, I mean Keigo is basically living like me! Broke and broken.

"Two flipping 10,000 yen notes!!!!"

I choke so hard I had to bend my back down. Tf is this Sagi-scammer on!? We're in f*cking high school!!!