Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

What kind of man had no priorities? How could I still not protect what was mine? I had several years of peace and I assumed we were all safe, but I was wrong.

"Jonas!" I shouted as I pressed the bell to his apartment. "I know you're in there,"

I continued pressing the bell until he opened the doors, trying at me with an annoyed expression.

"You look like your house is haunted. What do you want?" He growled.

"I need a drink," I said, pushing my way through his door.

"This isn't a bar or a club," he replied, following me inside.

I ignored him and went straight to the makeshift bar he designed in his apartment. It was simply a small shelf on the wall with assorted drinks.

My eyes skimmed through them, but I could barely pay attention to the words. I grabbed a familiar bottle of whiskey and two glasses and went to his sitting room.

"Are you gonna pay for those?" Jonas asked as he walked me, but I ignored him.

I poured a glass full of whiskey in my cup and downed the entire thing.  Then I poured another glass and mother glass before Jonas grabbed the bottle from my hand.

"Are you trying to kill yourself?!" He yelled.

"Eternal sleep sounds like a great plan right now," I replied.

If he wasn't going to release the bottle, there was more where that came from. I pulled myself up from the couch. I could already feel the alcohol relax my muscles slowly, but I planned to drink until I wasn't conscious.

I walked to the shelf and grabbed another bottle of alcohol. This time I drank straight from the bottle. Jonas ran to my side and grabbed that bottle too, but it was already too late.

My ears could hear the familiar ringing that came from the Highness. Suddenly everything was funny, including the way Jonas rushed towards me.

Why was he walking like that?

"Aiden, calm down and give me the bottle," he urged me, but I struggled with all my might.

The ceiling began to spin so I ran around his apartment for fun. I suddenly felt my body landing on a soft surface.

"Is this why you came here? To get wasted?! Why didn't you go home?" I heard Jonas' voice say.

At this point, I could no longer see him or his apartment. After several deep breaths, my body calmed down. My heart rate slapped, and I slowly started remembering everything.

The only problem was that it didn't come one after the other like I expected it to.

"What day is it?" I asked.

"Stop moving god dammit!" He yelled in response.

"I don't know what's happening anymore. Why did nothing go according to plan?"

"What are you talking about? I'm trying to change your clothes,"

"She doesn't want to talk to me,"

"Do you mean Nicole?"

I wasn't sure of the face, but I knew he was right. I was sure it was about Nicole. Who was she and why did my heart ache so much when I thought about her?

I could feel everything and hear every thought. As the thoughts became clearer, I said them out loud because I couldn't stop myself.

"She has a boyfriend now. Can you believe it?" I laughed.