I'm sorry I couldn't be with you until the end (SHORT)

"I never ever wanted to work with you." the ginger said putting his hands into his pockets while walking with a brunette same age as him.

"Your name is Chuuya right?"

"Why do you wanna know?"

"I guess it is." 

Chuuya rolled his eyes. Dazai continued, "Mine is Dazai."

"Didn't ask."

"Rude."

"We're literally enemies, you expect me to treat you like you're my superior?"

"Yeah, considering your height."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

"Ugh let me repeat, you should treat me like I'm your superior considering your short-"

Chuuya punched the brunette in the stomach. "You're lucky I can't use my ability on you, if not I would have already killed you."

"Man, how I wish that would happen." Dazai said, trying to regain his balance.

{A few minutes later, when Chuuya got betrayed by the sheep}

"Tsk...argh!" Chuuya grunted as he pulled out the knife from his stomach. (or somewhere close to the stomach)

"Hello, Chuuya."

Chuuya looked to his left to see the brunette with his men.

"D-Don't....kill the kids..." 

"Fine."

After that, Chuuya got invited to the Port Mafia, which he has joined.

{Three years later}

"Dazai, Chuuya, you have been selected for another mission. I trust you guys can complete it." the boss of the organization ordered.

"Easy." Chuuya rolled his eyes.

"Don't underestimate them, they are gigantic in numbers."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Dazai said.

--Mission time--

"Corruption?" Chuuya looked to the brunette.

"Do it."

"No need to tell me twice." Chuuya said, as he started to chant.

While the ginger was busy throwing the enemies around, Dazai went into the boss' office to look for some papers when suddenly,

"Two kids can't beat me."

"Uh-" the brunette fell to the ground, a knife impaled in his body. Just then, the ginger came in, he killed the boss then walked to the brunette when his ability got nullified.

"Ha, easy- Dazai!" Chuuya immediately went to his knees.

"Argh...the documents..." Dazai managed to say.

"You're more important than the stupid documents idiot!" Chuuya said as he ran out of the building and got on to his motorcycle.

Once they reached the mafia headquarters, the ginger rushed the heavily wounded Dazai to the doctor. He waited outside. 

"Oh, please please please make it alive. Please don't give up on life now."

"He couldn't make it."

Those words left Chuuya speechless. He let out a shaky, "H-Hah?" Then tears started falling. He turned and left.

"A-Are y-you fucking kidding me? You have no idea how much I want to punch you Mackerel...Fuck you." Chuuya tried to calm himself. He ended up drinking alcohol to keep him sane.

"Fuckin' hell." the ginger said as he slammed the bottle on the table.

"What's wrong?"

"Huh-" Chuuya turned, "D-Dazai?"

"Wow~ I'm some random brunette stranger who broke into your house-...Chuuya?"

"I never thought I'd see you again..." Chuuya rubbed his eyes as he launched towards the brunette, wrapping his arms around him.

"Pfft, I'll never leave you, what makes you think that, Chibi?"

"I thought you actually died..."

"I did."

"Huh? So-So what I'm hugging is a ghost?"

"Yeah? I died a few hours ago didn't I?"

"Then- how-"

"Are you really caring about that? I want to spend my last moments with you, Chibi."

"I'm glad."

"Now how 'bout we go sleep now?"

"Sure, great idea."

"Beep beep beep"

Chuuya opened his eyes. "Just as I thought, the next morning I won't find him with me." He walked out of his room.

"Good morning Chibi, you're having an off day today right?"

"O-Oh...you're still here...thank god..." the ginger looked down and whispered to himself.

"Duh, you think I would just disappear?" Dazai suddenly appeared behind the ginger.

"Yeah-"

"Mhm you are so very correct."

"What?"

"This conversation is useless."

"What-"

"Anyways! I made breakfast."

"You can cook?!"

"Tutorial."

"Oh. Okay."

{A few minutes later}

"I'll eventually be gone y'know, Chibi."

"When?"

"Randomly."

Chuuya hugged the brunette once again. "I'll be happy to be with you until that time then."

{The next day}

The two woke up from the annoying constant beeping of the alarm clock.

"Let go of me Dazai, I need to go to work."

"Okay, Okay." Dazai said as he let the ginger go to the bathroom.

"Goodbye Dazai."

When Chuuya got back from work around nine, he couldn't find the brunette, he saw a note on the table.

My beloved Chibi,

I have reached my limit, I have to go. I may not ever see you again. I have one

question, will you marry me?

I love you Chuuya, and I always will. I'm sorry I couldn't be with you until the 

end, live a long life Chibi, I know you're still growing right? Haha.

From your shitty Mackerel

Tears started falling down the ginger's cheeks. "Y...Yes...Dazai, I-I want to marry you..."