The cute guy next door

Bi Dazai

"That's it, I'm leaving you." the girl slammed the table.

"What did I do?!" Dazai said, standing up from the table.

"I feel like we can't do this." the girl took her things and opened the door, she was clearly lying by the nervous expression on her face. She left.

"Tch. I loved you and you betrayed me." Dazai said, "Should've just stuck to being gay."

After a few hours of sitting on the sofa, Dazai decided to go out and get some fresh air.

"Klink"

Dazai looked below him. A wallet?

"H-Hey! I'm sorry, can I have that back?"

Dazai looked next door to see a cute ginger walking towards him.

Damn...he's cute...very short though , Dazai thought.

"E-Excuse me?" 

"A-Ah...sorry." Dazai bent down to pick it up, he handed it to the ginger.

"U-Uhm...you and your girlfriend just broke up?" the ginger looked away and said as he took the wallet from the brunette's hand.

"H-Huh?" Dazai said, stuttering more than he usually does, which is never.

"W-Well! I heard what you two said, cuz I live next door...s-sorry for disturbing your private life, I-I'll go now!"

Dazai started chuckling. "It's fine." the ginger was just too cute.

"Okay...um...the name's Nakahara Chuuya, just call me Chuuya. I recently moved here."

"Dazai Osamu. Let's go in my place, it's kind of weird to talk in the middle of the corridor." Dazai opened the door for Chuuya to go in. The ginger bowed his head as a thanks for opening the door.

Dazai let Chuuya sit on the sofa when the brunette asked, "Want a drink?"

"Oh my god! Do you have wine?!" Chuuya's eyes sparkled.

"Uh- well...are you age appropriate-"

"Of course! I'm 22!"

"Oh. Same age as me. Sure." Dazai went to pour a glass of red wine.

He came back, "Here you go." and handed the glass to the ginger.

"Are you not gonna drink?" Chuuya said.

"Nah, I usually skip my meals."

"You should not do that! Your health-"

"I don't care about my health. My life is just a mess right now. My girlfriend broke up with me, and I have to go back to being gay."

"Gay? I-I'm gay..."

-Awkward Silence-

"A-Anyways! I'll get going! It was nice meeting you Dazai, thanks for the wine!" Chuuya smiled as he put the glass on the coffee table and walked out of the door.

{The next day}

Dazai walked out of the door to get some cup noodles as he was running out of them. He walked into the elevator. As the doors were closing, he heard a yelling sound.

"Wait! Dazai! Hold the door!" Chuuya came running, waving his hands to catch the brunette's attention.

Dazai quickly pressed the 'open button'. (I didn't know what to call it)

"Phew! Luckily I knew you, or I would have needed to wait for the next one." Chuuya panted.

"Where are you going?" Dazai looked at the ginger.