Chapter 26:

Sam POV:

I can't believe I'm this desperate enough to be contacting Biana.

I buried my face in my hands, already regretting the fact that I told Biana almost everything before she even agreed to help me. Even worse, she left me on read!

I let my hands comfort my face for a little longer and then looked at my cracked phone screen again. The three dots in the bottom left corner of the screen told me she was typing back a response, but a positive or negative one, I don't know.

I looked at my phone screen for a minute longer, watching the three dots appear and disappear. She sure is taking a long time to type, maybe she's trying to figure out how to let me know how pathetic I was for asking for her help.

"Sam, could you be dearie and get that nasty mind-melting device off the table when we eat breakfast please," Ma said.

I gave her a displeased nod and placed my phone face down on the table, to show Ma that I really wasn't going to look at it. My mother flashed a smile sweeter than sugar and continued drowning her poor pancakes in syrup. Of course, knowing that the universe has devious timed things, my phone buzzes on the table.

A message.

I look over at my mom-who is fully consumed in the art of pancake eating- and deicide to risk my life and check the message. I slide the phone carefully off the table and click the power button to see who messaged me. 

✨Biana✨

Hey Sam, sorry for not responding earlier. sounds like u have a lot of drama going on rn.

tbh, i cant believe u asked me to help, so u must be desperate.

and honestly, i would be honored😊

Wow.

That is not what I expected.

Just then, another text rolled in.

so, whos this person?😏

I texted back, 

well, ur nvr gonna believe this, but...

Linh POV:

My eyes burned from the bright blue light of my phone screen.

My thumbs drifted over the keys, trying to decide what to say, if anything at all. 

Just as I type in something I know I'll regret later, a text from Biana pops in.

Biana♡ 

Hey, can u meet up?

"Now's not really the time," I grumble at the screen, but another part of me knows that the distraction would be better than scrolling on Instagrammy while gorging on Ice cream (though the more I think about it, the more enticing it is.)

I sigh and type in one word:

Where?

Biana POV:

Oh thank god.

She actually responded.

I guess any girl who just confessed her feelings would want someone to comfort them...

I rested my face in my hands, trying to think of a good way to approach the conversation.

"Hey, Linh! Sam told me all about how you confessed you feelings for him, but don't worry! He's thinking about it right now!"

Ugh, why did I have to sound so obnoxious in my head?

"Whazzup gurlyy!"

No. Just no.

"Hey, Linh. How have you been lately?"

That doesn't sound too bad I guess. I hear the door bell ring in the common room below, and I rush down the stairs before Fitz can answer the door. I see Linh's shadowy figure standing on the other side of the door, bouncing slightly. I open the door.

"Whazzup, Gurlyyyy~"

Hey everyone! Sorry for such a short chapter in such a long period of time :(

I promise that I'm working on the next chapter as you read this!

Thank you for hanging with me on this long journey, I'm eternally grateful :)

I hope you all have a great Holiday <3

-ur_worst_nightmare

PS this tag is for you:)