Chapter 7 (A backstory on Tam & Rayni):

Tam POV:

It started in 8th grade.

I wasn't interested in a friendship that had nothing to do with Biana, and Keefe had finally asked Biana  if they wanted to go out and she said yes. Obviously. I wouldn't say I was jealous but... I was jealous. And to make matters worst, I wasn't in the same class as Biana. Instead I was sitting next to a girl I don't know in the front row of the classroom.

Great.

"Hi, my name is Rayni, but my friends call my Glimmer."

I looked at her.

She was pretty. Not as beautiful as Biana, but still pretty.

"I'm Tam," I said cautiously.

"I know. You have a name tag." She said knowingly, smirking as she pointed toward the little card that balanced carefully on my desk.

I huffed, accidentally blowing over my name card.

Rayni laughed. 

I couldn't help but smile.

What was so funny?I didn't know. But somehow, even though this started as the worst day of my life, it's starting to get better.

What am I thinking? I shouldn't be open minded! I'll have to ask Linh to get me a doctor's appointment.

Rayni POV:

My first day was going great!

I introduced myself to some people in my class, had a relatively good time with the teachers, and spoke to the cute guy who sat next to me.

Not that he is really cute.

Just moderately.

That sounded really weird.

Anyway. Moving on from that conversation.

My life wasn't going bad.

And I had a gut feeling that it was only going to get better.

Linh POV:

My brother came home today smiling today and I freaked out.

He never came home smiling from school, especially on the first day.

He told me just yesterday that Biana wasn't in his class this year and that her and Keefe were in one. After that, he broke off into depressed sobs and ran to his room. I ate dinner alone that night.

---------Dinner----------

Tam and I ate dinner silently.(like usual)

He was eating thoughtfully, shoving the occasional spoonful of food.

I watched him carefully. He seemed to be daydreaming about something...or someone. My first thought was Biana but he probably didn't see her today. I wasn't sure who or what he was thinking about so I needed to ask him...or get intel.

After we cleaned up the table, I called my trusty sidekick Marella.

She knew all the gossip and secrets of everyone in school.

And I was determined to find out my brother's.

Thank you everyone for reading! I will leave the backstory there, and continue occasionally in the story!

Wishing you all the best in life!

<3

-ur_worst_nightmare