Chapter 8:

WARNING: Words like 'H' 'E' double hockey sticks will be used in this chapter!

Biana POV:

Just wanted to thank everyone for letting me know what dress I should wear! I personally love the one you picked and can't wait to wear it!

I scrolled across my phone and checked my messages again. For the 4th time in the last 20 minutes. Still nothing from Keefe. I sighed and rolled over on my bed. What was taking him so long? He usually asks me to go to a dance 4 weeks before! And now there's only 1 and a half weeks until the dance! I buried my head in my pillows and let out a frustrated scream. 

I was mid-scream when I heard a sparkling sound coming from my phone. A message! I quickly opened it up and I let out a giddy laugh when I saw who had texted me. Keefe! I looked down at the new message:

Queen B: Hey Keefe! Wishing you the best at your basketball game!

Keefe <3: Thanks!

Queen B: <3

Keefe <3: Hey Biana,

Keefe <3: Sry but I cant take u 2 the dance.

Keefe <3: I figured the new girl might want a guide around sense this is her 1st time going 2 a dance at our school

Keefe <3: Maybe you could go with Tam?

As I read every text message, my heart sunk deeper into my stomach. 

Did he just?

What just?

Who?

Tam POV:

I finally did it.

After contemplating and thinking it over.

I responded to Rayni's text. I've decided to go to the dance with her.

I figured Biana would have a fun time going with Keefe when he finally asks her and I can finally have a fun time too! And anyway, it's not like we're going as something ... more than friends so it can't hurt, can it?

Rayni POV: (Texting with Tam)

Tam: Im good

Glimmer: See u there!

I got a text back! I'm going to the dance with Tam! It's been a while since I was actually excited for a dance, or have someone to go with. And I could have just asked some random person and be somewhat happy with myself for having a person to go with but out of everyone, I got to go with Tam.

This year is just getting better and better!

Tam POV:

I got a text from Biana when I was just getting ready to get to bed. I smiled. It was probably her telling me that Keefe had finally asked her to go to the dance. I was excited to see her facial expression when I tell her that I was going with Rayni. It's going to be priceless. I smirked to myself as I finished brushing my teeth and opened my messages from Biana.

I was just looking through the messages when my phone lit up with a message saying 'Call From Biana <3' I hadn't seen all the messages but from what I had read, this wasn't going to be pretty.

Biana POV:

I couldn't stop the tears from flowing out of my eyes, neither could I stop myself from calling Tam. It was just a  habit for when I was feeling stressed out. Tam answered the phone on the 2nd ring.

"Biana, are you good? I didn't get to read all your messages but..." he trailed off.

I sniffled as I tried to hold in my tears as I spoke, "K-Keefe said h-he was going t-to bring the new g-girl to the dance because..." my voice wavered as it sunk into my brain.

The way Keefe had been looking at that girl.

The way he had been avoiding every conversation that had to do with the dance.

He hadn't been texting or talking to me lately. 

Was it something I had done?

Did I do something wrong?

"I know what's going through your head right now Biana, and none of this is your fault." Tam said, worry in his voice.

I let out a strangled laugh. He really knew me like the back of his hand.

"It's his loss." Tam said matter-of-factly.

"I guess your right..."I considered, my tears starting to dry against my face, "Do you think I could go with you Tammy?"

"Um...about that...Rayni had asked me and I assumed you were going to go with Keefe so I kinda said yes? But I'll just make up some excuse, I bet she'll understand." Tam said, thinking it through.

My heart sank a little.

"It's fine Tam, I can go with myself. Thanks for the kind offer though. I'm glad your starting to socialize with other people other than me." I said. I tried to say it with a caring tone but I was frowning. Good thing we weren't video calling.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I can handle myself."

"Well, I wouldn't plan on going by yourself quite yet. I bet there are some boys out there who were just waiting for this moment so they could ask you to the dance," Tam said, I could practically hear him smiling through the phone.

I smiled, "It's a tough life,"

"If your life is 'tough' then my life must be utter hell," Tam sighed.

"Hah! Thanks for the...pep talk? I'll see you tomorrow at school Tam! Bye!"

"No problem! I'm always here if you need me Biana. So don't be afraid to talk,"

"Of course! Bye!"

"Bye B," 

And with that our call ended. And some part of me felt lighter. I could do this.

Woah! That was a loooong chapter! Almost 900 words!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter of Childhood!

Love all the comments, votes, and views! I'm going to be working more on my other book 'Song Of An Angel (A Tiana Story)' so I may not be posting as much as before.

Happy Reading!<3

-ur_worst_nightmare ('▽'ʃ♡ƪ)