Chapter 1

Tam POV:

I don't know what changed.

I don't know when it happened.

Maybe it was always there.

Maybe...maybe....

Biana POV:

It all started at the beginning, 

An autumn morning, I was dressed and ready to go, my older brother by my side. My parents were standing in front of us; smiling, tears streaming down their faces. I smiled wide, my pearly whites shining.

Me and my brother walked to school, hand in hand. My first day at junior kindergarten. I was so excited, which only made me smile more. 

I walked into the colourful classroom, my eyes shining in wonder at all the glitter and colour. I looked around. So many new kids were around me, but my eye caught on someone who was different compared to everyone else. He was sitting in the corner up in a little ball, his hands wrapping around his feet. He seemed to be crying, and through everything my parents told me, it was to always help a person in need. Now I don't really know how I was supposed to help him but I walked over anyway.

"Hello, my names Biana and I'm in your class, are you okay?" I asked, bending down to get a better look at his face.

"Go away." He sniffled, bringing his legs closer to his chest.

I sat down cross-legged next to him, facing the wall in front of us, and we just sat there. In silence. 

"My names Tam." The boy finally said.

I didn't know what to say. Even though he was just crying, his voice was soft and delicate. I was surprised at first but I smiled and turned toward him.

"Nice to meet you, do you want to go play with some Lego's? I invited.

 He nodded, agreeing. I stood up, dusting off my skirt. I offered him my hand. He looked up at me, his eyes darting from my hand, and back up to my face. He finally took my hand and stood up. His hand was soft and smooth, and warm like a spring sun's rays. We then walked over to the Lego's and played together, sometimes in silence and other times laughing at each others creations.

---------------Later, After School----------------------------

"How was school today B?" My brother asked, holding his back-pack straps as we walked home together.

"Awesome! I think I may have made a friend!" I exclaimed, skipping. I smiled to myself.

A friend.

I had a friend.

"Oh really? What's her name?" My brother asked, slightly surprised.

"Tam!" I said smiling.

"Interesting. I never met a girl named Tam." My brother said, nodding to himself.

"He's a boy!" I scolded my brother. Does he even know anything?

My brother stopped walking. A look of concern on his face. I stopped to look at him, and he looked at me back, almost like he was searching for some reason to doubt himself.

"What's wrong Fitzy-poo?" I asked, concerned.

(yes, the 'Fitzy-poo' started from a young age)

He shook his head, "Nothing,  just excited to go home." he said, "speaking of which, RACE YA!" he called as he ran past me.

"No fair!" I yelled after him as I scrambled to catch up.

I was excited to go back to school tomorrow, and see Tam.