Chapter 17: (When Sam and Tam met Part 2)

Here's the next part of when Sam and Tam met.

Hopefully this will make you hate Sam less...?

Sam POV:

"Ha ha ha!" I wheezed. I couldn't stop laughing, and by the sounds of it, neither could Tam. I could hear him laughing beside me.

We both continued laughing until our sides hurt and we couldn't breathe any longer.

"What were we even laughing about?" Tam asked, still recovering from laughing.

"I don't know," I coughed, it was hard talking and breathing at the same time.

I couldn't believe me and Tam were so close. I've got to admit, the first year of our friendship was kinda bumpy, but now, two years later, we're closer than Tam is with Linh. (Which is saying a lot) Me and Tam are in third grade, and in the same class. I've got to admit, I had some evil intents at the beginning of first grade. I mean, becoming friends with Tam to get closer to Biana was just wrong of me, but I'm kinda glad I did it because Tam and I got closer, and now were best friends!

"What do you want to do next?" Tam asked.

"Um," I thought, trying to think of a good game, "How about truth or dare?"

"Sure!" Tam said with a smile.

I smiled back and we ran away to Tam's room so we could have more secrecy.

"I'll go first!" I said once we made a small pillow fort. "Truth or Dare?"

"Hmm..." Tam murmured, "Truth."

I thought for a moment, and then the perfect idea struck, "Do you like someone?"

Tam's face flashed an assortment of colours, first pink, then red, and now his face was a deep purple that someone might argue is a bright red.

"Uh... Pass?"Tam spluttered.

I smiled, "I'll ask you again," I said playfully, "Who do you like?"

I could tell Tam was holding his breath. He closed his eyes shut, trying to muster the courage to speak.

"I like Biana," Tam blurted.

I held my breath. I know the way Tam looks at Biana. I guess I also knew that he liked her but I like Biana too. I could feel my insides turn, jealousy and maybe even a small amount of hatred churned in my stomach.

I looked over at Tam and tried to give him the smile I could.

"I knew it!" I laughed.

Tam honestly looked a little surprised, but quickly looked down, "Was I really that obvious?"

"Don't worry, I don't think Biana knows," I whispered.

I could see relief flood Tam's face and he looked over at me. 

"Truth or Dare?"

--------Later, in Sam's room after he got home from Tam's house--------

I laid down on my bed, today's events circled in my head like children playing 'ring-around-a-rosy'.

"I like Biana" I could hear Tam's voice echo in my head.

I don't have a chance. I thought to myself.

Tam and Biana are best friends. Biana would choose Tam.

Tears blurred my vision.

"I don't have a chance" I whispered.

Hey Everyone!

Thank you for so many views! Were at 1K! You really don't know how happy this makes me! This book couldn't be possible without you <3333

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, the next one will go back to the present time.

🥰<3

-ur_worst_nightmare