Chapter 25:

Sam POV:

I can't believe I missed all the signs.

I spent a lot of my time as a child playing with Tam and sometimes with Linh but I never really ever thought about being more than friends. I groaned as I realized all the signs I had missed.

My fingers had become numb from pressing the PS4's button's hard, and I could see the beads of sweat coming down Tam's face out of the corner of my eye.

"Focus! We're almost there!" Tam yelled over the noise bursting through the speakers of Tam's living room.

"He doesn't stand a chance!" I gloated as our character's on the screen headed toward the final boss of the game we were playing. Just then, I see Linh's small figure standing in the doorway, intently watching us play. I smiled at my 4th grade self, thinking that me and Tam were going to become pro gamers.

Linh said something from the doorway that we later figured out was her asking if we wanted cookies, but from the noise in the room, it was basically impossible to hear her.

Tam and I watched the screen intently, our fingers felt like they were no longer ours, they instead belonged to the game.

With a swift finishing move, Tam brought down the horrific beast that stood in the way of our glory. I looked over at Tam with a goofy smile on my face that he returned.

"The cookies are on the table," Linh whispered, obviously shy. 

With that, Tam and I rushed for the dining room table, our stomachs aching for food. I surveyed the plate filled with chocolate chunk cookies. Before I knew it, me and Tam had finished the whole plate of cookies, leaving only a few crumbs left.

"Thanks for the cookies, Linh!" I said happily over a mouthful of cookie.

Linh blushed and slid back to the kitchen, stumbling a bit on her way.

Ever since then, Linh's been making the same cookies for when I came over.

That can't mean she like me though, can it? 

Ugh, I couldn't think at all.

Why couldn't life just return to the way it was before all this happened?

I rolled over on my bed to face the ceiling, my bed creaking in protest beneath me. Taking a deep breath, I rolled off my bed and headed downstairs.

"Is that you Sam?" I heard someone-probably my mom- yell from downstairs.

"Yes ma, its me," I replied groggily.

"Good thing you're awake, the pancakes are getting cold," Ma said sternly.

"Okay," I sighed.

Just another day.

Biana POV:

I've learned two things in life.

1. When life gives you gators, make Gatorade.

2. When life gives you lemons, sell them for profit.

But none of those moto's apply to my life right now because my life has decided to bring me drama. Sam kissed me, and then I admitted my love to Tam -which he didn't hear-, and then my boyfriend at the time dumped me.

My life is just fantastic.

Being honest, I didn't care that much about Keefe dumping me, but the two other things were... overwhelming. I felt heat creep up my cheeks at the thought what I had said to Tam that evening.

A squeaked escaped my mouth and I saw my brother look up from his phone to give me a glare (Which I returned with another, obviously).  My brother sent me another glance which one might describe as 'shooting daggers with your eyes'. Fitz then looked back down at his phone, losing interest in out glaring battle. I was going to release my anger on him by screaming about how much of a couch potato he was when my phone buzzed. I sighed angrily as I reached into the side pocket of my leggings.

- 3 New Messages From Sam -

hey, Biana. 

i know this is kinda sudden but do u think i could talk 2 u abt smth?

i understand if u dont want to talk to me after what happened @ the dance

My screen buzzed again when a new message from Sam rolled in.

someone might have just confessed their love 2 me, and i dont know what 2 do. Can u help???

I felt very confused.

What the kelpie was going on?

Thank you all for hanging with me, and I'm so sorry for not posting for the last few... months 😭😅

I'm starting to write more now so hopefully more chapters will be coming out soon!

Again, thank you so much, and I'll see ya on the flip side!

-ur_worst_nightmare