Chapter 10:

Shout out to Warrior Queen on Pinterest for the drawing!

It was now the dance, and Biana was in a rush to get ready:

Biana POV:

I usually take my time to put on my makeup and do my hair but I didn't want  to be late, even if I was fashionably late. I had already put on my gown and now I was trying to get my hair done but it was fussier than usual. I let out a frustrated grunt as I put down my comb in an act of surrender. I heard a knock at the door. I stood up from the stool I was sitting on and answered the door. To my surprise my mom was there, greeting my with a warm smile.

"Need some help?" She asked.

I didn't want any help but I handed her the brush anyway and let her style my hair.

--------After a few brushes, pins, and yelps --------

My mom shoved a decorative pin in my bun with a flourish and finally got her hands out of my hair. Even though I usually don't trust my mom with my hair, she did a decent job.

 Even though I usually don't trust my mom with my hair, she did a decent job

"Thanks," I said. I was impressed.

"You're welcome. I missed the days when you would ask me to do your hair. Now I have to ask you to do mine." My mom laughed.

I smiled.

I felt guilty for who I had asked, but at the same time, Keefe ditched me, Tam had Rayni, so I asked the last person I knew that I would be comfortable with going to the dance with me,

Sam.

Sam POV:

I had gotten the text a few nights before the dance, and I was honestly surprised. I had Biana's number but the last time I had texted her was to tell her happy birthday. Other than that, their really wasn't any reason to have her number.

I looked down at my phone.

Message from ✨~Biana~✨

✨~Biana~✨:  Hey, I know this is late, but do u want to go to the dance with me?

Sammy: Sure!

I couldn't believe it. I had to pinch myself a few times before I could believe that I wasn't dreaming. Biana. She asked me to go to the dance.

Wait.

Biana asked me to go to the dance? Something wasn't right. You'd think she'd ask Keefe, and if that didn't go well, she'd ask Tam, but yet here I am. Planning to go to the dance with Biana. I couldn't decide if this was  a good thing or a bad thing.

Tam POV:
I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Who could it be at this time? I was in the middle of eating dinner with Linh, which was going quiet peacefully if you ignored her cheesy smirk. I slipped my phone out of my pocket and glanced down, trying to hide the fact that I was bringing out my phone at dinner. The phone screen lit up with text messages from Sam. Sam usually didn't text at this hour. It must be urgent. 

I quickly excused myself from the dinner table and sped through the halls and into my room. That's when I saw the messages.

Sam: Hey Tammy! I have no idea what's going on with Biana but I got a message asking to go to the dance.

Sam: I thought she was going with Keefe, or you.

Tam: I'm going with Glimmer. I had no idea she asked you.

Sam: Do you know what happened with Keefe?

Tam: He ditched her for the new girl.😡

Sam: That's a new level of low.

Tam: Tell me about it.

Thank you all for reading another chapter of Childhood!

The dance will be starting in the next  few chapters! 

See you there!

<3

-ur_worst_nightmare